• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Believer Fever - 2016

Dr.Phibes

Thought it might be good to bring a little positivity to the table, considering the gloom and doom of the past month or so. This team will soon have Price back and a trade or two might brighten up the fortunes of the Habs. Wouldn't be the first team to stumble in the regular season and have playoff success.

The Habs are usually at their best when everyone is counting them out....especially come playoff time.

Having said that, it's troublesome that we have sucked so badly with Price out. Didn't the Rangers go on a huge winning streak when Lundquist was injured last year.

Either we truly suck (can't believe that, not when you have guys like Subban, Petry, Gally, Chuckie, Max).
Or the players are mental midgets because they lose confidence without Price.

An Expos reference from 2003. Great series against the Phillies. Only real bight spot in last few years of their existence.

This is approaching leafs level of fan blindness.

Every evidence that your team sucks beyond imagination, still believe.

This is approaching leafs level of fan blindness.

Every evidence that your team sucks beyond imagination, still believe.

I have faith the shooting percentage will get back to the 9% this same team put up last year and that Price will not give us below .900 save percentage.

Markov - 0 goals in 30 games
Beaulieu - 0 goals in 25 games
DD - 1 goal in 25 games
Mitchell - 1 goal in 25 games
Fleischmann 1 goal in 23 games
Petry - 1 goal in 23 games
Flynn - 1 goal in 20 games
Eller - 1 goal in 19 games
Plekanec - 2 goals in 33 games
Weise - 2 goals in 23 games
Galchenyuk - 3 goals in 22 games
Condon - sv % .896 since Dec 3rd

Believe that!

We are top 3 in league in shots according to TSN.

Which means the coach's system is somewhat a good one....the players executing the system just can't bury the puck in the net. How is that the coaching staff's fault ?

If we were out-shot by opponents, then it's all on the coaching staff for not preparing their players, but this is just not the case.

We are top 3 in league in shots according to TSN.

Which means the coach's system is somewhat a good one....the players executing the system just can't bury the puck in the net. How is that the coaching staff's fault ?

If we were out-shot by opponents, then it's all on the coaching staff for not preparing their players, but this is just not the case.

Someone might be tempted to make the argument that shots don't matter as much as high quality scoring chances but the problem is that we're also top 5 in the league in that category as well.

The absolute WORST possible outcome this season would be for the Habs to squeak into the playoffs and win a round or two. All that will accomplish is to provide ammunition to Bergevin for keeping the status quo. But the status quo is never going to win us four rounds in a playoff year and that's the point. This mess is never going to be properly fixed unless or until the team absolutely craters. Any sliver of hope provided by a late season run will only convince the front office to remain conservative. All it will do is ensure that the mediocrity never ends.

We need to tank so that the roster can be properly gutted. No more half-measures. Blow it up. This team needs a cold, hard reboot.

The absolute WORST possible outcome this season would be for the Habs to squeak into the playoffs and win a round or two. All that will accomplish is to provide ammunition to Bergevin for keeping the status quo. But the status quo is never going to win us four rounds in a playoff year and that's the point. This mess is never going to be properly fixed unless or until the team absolutely craters. Any sliver of hope provided by a late season run will only convince the front office to remain conservative. All it will do is ensure that the mediocrity never ends.

We need to tank so that the roster can be properly gutted. No more half-measures. Blow it up. This team needs a cold, hard reboot.

And do it properly to completion , keep your 4-5 guys and take your lumps dumping the trash . This will require a coaching change and a new dynamic to run this team .

Like I said I dont want to eventually be in Vancouver no mans land when the retooling should of happened sooner.

We need 3-5 key pieces for a cup and no minor tinkering is fixing this , and no dudes like Okposo alone is fixing this mess , so start the process.

DD - 1 goal in 25 games

Believe that!

Holy **** that is sad haha

And do it properly to completion , keep your 4-5 guys and take your lumps dumping the trash . This will require a coaching change and a new dynamic to run this team .

Like I said I dont want to eventually be in Vancouver no mans land when the retooling should of happened sooner.

We need 3-5 key pieces for a cup and no minor tinkering is fixing this , and no dudes like Okposo alone is fixing this mess , so start the process.

We are pretty much at the cap limit. No prospects worth trading. Chances are better to win the powerball than to do this.

We are pretty much at the cap limit. No prospects worth trading. Chances are better to win the powerball than to do this.

I like my chances of gutting better than 1/ 290,000,000,000 of winning the powerball . Move 14 , 79 ,51 as a start get what you can and you are closer to getting a stud in the draft .

DD - 1 goal in 25 games

Believe that!

Honestly... the odds of something like that repeating for the next 25 games is practically nil.

Back