• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Unfortunately Keefe wrecked Timmy with years of poor patience

Would be nice to see what Berube can do with him but it doest seem he will get the chance

I mean, he could be referring to anyone with "certain players" and may not even be referring to someone in the core.

He also may have his own opinions, which may not be shared by Treedledum, and might be influenced by yuck new coach Berube.

You can also lose patience and realize that it wouldn't be feasible to try to wrestle for NMC waivers or bend over backwards to trade a contract with one year left.

You might also spend $25M and like what you've got and decide it wouldn't make sense to delete from the core.

Everything is on the table and the team has flexibility to do a lot without dismantling anything before the new coach gets a shot with it.

It would be the height of stupidity for instance to trade Marner in any deal that doesn't see us get a player better than Marner. I wouldn't want to even risk a one for one of similar quality like for Petterson in the fear that it would backfire on us given it's a 50/50 coin toss.
I mean I hope you're right. I think it's dumb to go into an offseason 100% dead set on trading anyone. Explore everything but only make the trade if it makes sense, don't pigeonhole yourselves into anything. Which I think is what Shanny was trying to portray, but I don't think he did a very good job if you read between the lines. Sure looked and felt like the core 4 is dead forever.

Again, Blues D changes under Berube:

Pietrangelo --> Krug
Edmundson --> Faulk
Bouwmeester --> Scandella
Dunn ---> Leddy

I mean I hope you're right. I think it's dumb to go into an offseason 100% dead set on trading anyone. Explore everything but only make the trade if it makes sense, don't pigeonhole yourselves into anything. Which I think is what Shanny was trying to portray, but I don't think he did a very good job if you read between the lines. Sure looked and felt like the core 4 is dead forever.
Well we know Matty and Willy aren't going anywhere.

We know Marner would be a very hard trade to pull off that will require his approval, and that if he pushes back hard, they could stare into the abyss and see him walk them to UFA.

We also know keeping the final year of Tavares' expensive deal might be the best option out of whatever gets presented in potential trade by others, even if he too is willing to go.

I think they're more locked into these guys than they realize.

they should be pretty dead set on trading Tavares.

Im sure if i scroll through posts you have said as much

it sucks because of all the time and effort the org has put into him, but he just hasn't taken that next step from being a nondescript bottom pair dman

he gets included in some deal or another soon I suspect
Club seems to have a knack for this with talented young dmen. They might want to review how they develop. Or maybe it's the market that eats them alive.

It's not exactly all up to him. And I don't recall him saying specifically that he'd break up the core.

I think you yourself made fun of the fact that he gave us a word soup that didn't amount to anything on that specific point.
They’re gonna dump Marner for pennies on the dollar and then everyone will really start freaking out

I mean, he could be referring to anyone with "certain players" and may not even be referring to someone in the core.

He also may have his own opinions, which may not be shared by Treedledum, and might be influenced by yuck new coach Berube.

You can also lose patience and realize that it wouldn't be feasible to try to wrestle for NMC waivers or bend over backwards to trade a contract with one year left.

You might also spend $25M and like what you've got and decide it wouldn't make sense to delete from the core.

Everything is on the table and the team has flexibility to do a lot without dismantling anything before the new coach gets a shot with it.

It would be the height of stupidity for instance to trade Marner in any deal that doesn't see us get a player better than Marner. I wouldn't want to even risk a one for one of similar quality like for Petterson in the fear that it would backfire on us given it's a 50/50 coin toss.
I suspect its gonna be a Leaf of NOfaith summer

Back