• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Danny Briere's Contract

I wasn't a fan of his, but having Briere on the 4th line is showing amazing results. He may be too old to effectively play big minutes on a top-two line, but I don't think many players can produce like he has in such limited ice time. Prust has also played a strong couple of games, so it looks like we have some additional muscle on that line too.

We can always tell who BKerr's favorite players are.

In truth... look back at the Briere signing. I hated it. Too old, too small for this team... I thought he was finished, though I was hopeful.

That said, I'm willing to give credit where its due.

Briere has played with ZERO pressure on the bottom lines, with limited minutes during the season....even in the playoffs....

He is rested/fresh when called upon in specific moments during the game....

Even if he had given him top line minutes all year, I don't think Briere would have had amazing numbers to justify his 4 mil contract. The media pressure would have been suffocating, and he wouldn't be happy.....the way management approached Briere all year was a clear win-win for both sides

We also get the added advantage of Briere often going out on the ice against scrubs like Shawn Thornton (who was running around his own zone on the Weise goal). This is actually a big edge we have on the fourth line.

Back