• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Day b4 Gdt | but I guess this cld turn into a Gdt so lets run wit it Ima be in the corp zone tmr & if u squint and pull out a telescope ull see my coc

I tend to agree with WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou....there is always some excuse. Man up already. If you make it to the rink your just not that sick.

I personally love when people who are soft bitches in real life, pretend that they're tougher than professional athletes mentally and or physically.

The average human has no frame of reference for how hard it is to be a professional athlete. It's the same as when professional athletes refer to being through "a war". They have no frame of reference for how hard it is to be a soldier actually facing life and death.

It's ridiculous all the way through. Just stop. You're not tough. You're not more of a "man" than they are, and you're not in a better position to know how sick someone is or can be to play the game than the team medical staff.

This is mike from buffalo call in show buffoonery. Be better.

Enh with everything we’ve been through we can bitch even if it’s aids 1985 release
We have a list of 6000 things to bitch about and I've 100% taken advantage. I'm just not gonna rage because a male is extremely sick. I have a better understanding of biology than that. I'm aware that men can get very sick too. And I'm aware that PEM can be physically impossible to push through no matter how much a white Canadian male has bled and won cups in the past.

Maybe Nylander does have skull-splitting migraines that were physically impossible for any human to play through. And maybe Auston is fighting through an Ebola-Covid hybrid that is also impossible for any human being in history to play through.

None of these guys have earned even the tiniest scrap of the benefit of doubt when it comes to the playoffs though, so I've got no issue with anyone who wants to call these guys soft, or who don't believe or give a shit about the excuses being offered.

Was it a broken leg like Baun or was it less severe than a broken leg like Baun? Because if it isn't that severe then Matthews is officially a pussy.

As Harry Neale once exclaimed during a playoff game with Bob Cole years ago, "You have to be a MAN to play this game!" Why does Marchand own your ass every time the Leafs play the Bruins? Because he's a fucking man who plays like a fucking man and does whatever it takes to win. There isn't a player on the Toronto roster willing to go as far as Marchand is in order to win. At the end of the day they just don't give a shit. They'd LIKE to win, but it's not the end of the world of they don't. They still get paid. There are no real consequences.

Ironically, that would also be true for the Bruins or any other team. They all still get paid. But some teams just WANT to win more than others because their players make it a point of pride not to accept anything less than doing whatever it takes.

Can anyone here say with a straight face that the Leafs, to a man, are doing whatever it takes? Be honest. They're half-assing it. They aren't getting beat by the Bruins, they are choosing to surrender to them. They aren't contesting anything; they're just watching the clock tick away.
I have to agree. Throughout my whole life as a male I have been competitive in sports...I want to win...otherwise what the hell is the point? We naturally want to strive to be better than the next guy...if you don't then sports should not be for you. Besides that you are playing for the fans who get you paid.

I personally love when people who are soft bitches in real life, pretend that they're tougher than professional athletes mentally and or physically.

The average human has no frame of reference for how hard it is to be a professional athlete. It's the same as when professional athletes refer to being through "a war". They have no frame of reference for how hard it is to be a soldier actually facing life and death.

It's ridiculous all the way through. Just stop. You're not tough. You're not more of a "man" than they are, and you're not in a better position to know how sick someone is or can be to play the game than the team medical staff.

This is mike from buffalo call in show buffoonery. Be better.
Well, lucky for you I can give you some real life experience. Me being a military pilot for 35 yrs with 7 flying tours in Afghanistan. Also, finished 8th in the Boston marathon (for my age class mind you...but still...and in 2013...the year of the bombing). Also was a scratch golfer. Alas. my frame was not big enough to play competitive hockey...otherwise!!

Maybe Nylander does have skull-splitting migraines that were physically impossible for any human to play through. And maybe Auston is fighting through an Ebola-Covid hybrid that is also impossible for any human being in history to play through.

None of these guys have earned even the tiniest scrap of the benefit of doubt when it comes to the playoffs though, so I've got no issue with anyone who wants to call these guys soft, or who don't believe or give a shit about the excuses being offered.
I am very happy for you if you haven't been sick enough to truly understand what it's like to be sick enough to be pulled from an NHL game. But I can confirm that men can indeed get ill. I can also confirm that there is a 4 year old virus around that is known to drain everything you have for many (not all) people who contract the illness and throughout history there haven't been many players who actually played with the illness while symptomatic. And being physically fit does not have any correlation on how your immune system handles the acute phase and if anything being physically active can be counterproductive and lengthen the symptomatic period.

Call him a bitch for game 1 or years past if you must, but blaming him for getting sick is simply irrational whether he deserves the benefit of the doubt or not. And imo he does... Of all of them, he's the one that I've never questioned his work ethic or desire to win. I don't think many of us have. Even in game 1, the effort was there.

I am very happy for you if you haven't been sick enough to truly understand what it's like to be sick enough to be pulled from an NHL game. But I can confirm that men can indeed get ill. I can also confirm that there is a 4 year old virus around that is known to drain everything you have for many (not all) people who contract the illness and throughout history there haven't been many players who actually played with the illness while symptomatic. And being physically fit does not have any correlation on how your immune system handles the acute phase and if anything being physically active can be counterproductive and lengthen the symptomatic period.

Call him a bitch for game 1 or years past if you must, but blaming him for getting sick is simply irrational whether he deserves the benefit of the doubt or not. And imo he does... Of all of them, he's the one that I've never questioned his work ethic or desire to win. I don't think many of us have. Even in game 1, the effort was there.
He gets paid to do stuff, not just to TRY and do stuff.

Back