• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free ticket for Thurs game vs. Buffalo

Paulie Walnuts

The winner is the first person to tell me which NHL arena has the knickname "Darkness on the Edge of Town" I can say that the knickname is very fitting for this place.

BTW, I don't think you can find this out via Google.

SJ is very far away from the place :)

Also there is no relation to the Springsteen song, except he may have played the song at this place.

I am just guessing here, but here's my thoughts:

First, I thought about Bruce Springsteens albumn, so the Meadowlands jumped to mind, but you said "has the nickname".

So, I jumped to the other favorite arena of the Jersey Shore folks: The Spectrum, but again, I read into "HAS" as being that it's still active.

So, since I've been there and it's a dark, cavernous place and has been around for a long time, I'm going with Nassau Coliseum.

T

They're still racing out at the Trestles,
But that blood it never burned in her veins,
Now I hear she's got a house up in Fairview,
And a style she's trying to maintain.
Well, if she wants to see me,
You can tell her that I'm easily found,
Tell her there's a spot out 'neath Abram's Bridge,
And tell her, there's a darkness on the edge of town.

Everybody's got a secret, Sonny,
Something that they just can't face,
Some folks spend their whole lives trying to keep it,
They carry it with them every step that they take.
Till some day they just cut it loose
Cut it loose or let it drag 'em down,
Where no one asks any questions,
or looks too long in your face,
In the darkness on the edge of town.

Some folks are born into a good life,
Other folks get it anyway, anyhow,
I lost my money and I lost my wife,
Them things don't seem to matter much to me now.
Tonight I'll be on that hill 'cause I can't stop,
I'll be on that hill with everything I got,
Lives on the line where dreams are found and lost,
I'll be there on time and I'll pay the cost,
For wanting things that can only be found
In the darkness on the edge of town.

I used to live in Fairview NJ which is the place I assume he refers to in the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS5qRG_no-I

BTW , the hit songs on that album were Badlands and The Promised Land It was his first album after he hit it big with Born To Run.

Last edited:
BTW , the hit songs on that album were Badlands and The Promised Land It was his first album after he hit it big with Born To Run.

When did you get out of Millbrook and/or move here? One of my best friends my last 2 years there was from Jersey and a huge Springsteen fan (don't count the other 2 billion B/S fans from NJ). Bonded instantly when he pulled a bag out in Mrs. Dick's class one afternoon. (yes, it was her name and prior to marriage she was knows as 'Bitsy' - tell me how much fun a bunch of 17 year old males had with that name - excellent teacher, however)

Second prize is two tickets to the game. :rimshot

Haha, I was thinking along the same lines. As long as Buffalo's fans are at the game I would not consider the person correctly answering this question a "winner".

Best way to sum up that city: Buffalo used to have 580,000 people. They now have 260,000. At the current rate they won't have anyone left in 50 years.

Sadly many of those missing 320k now live in NC!

Best way to sum up that city: Buffalo used to have 580,000 people. They now have 260,000. At the current rate they won't have anyone left in 50 years.

Sadly many of those missing 320k now live in NC!

I have a friend who is actually moving back there....and they are supposed to get 90" of snow the next 3 days. His wife made the decision. Poor guy.

Back