• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #11: SNET's Favourite BJ @ Leafs

He is quite a player. Quite a player and I don't like seeing him take abuse like he is taking. Hyman is pretty sneaky or was, but he isn't bumping and protecting Tavares like he could and not drawing penalties. Its a disturbing trend.

And Marchment a plug? Yeah, but what a plug he is. I know Tom Wilson was a first rounder and better, but, the Caps are a lot better with him than without.

I don't think Gauthier and Lindholm and Leivo bring enough paste. Leivo allowed the Jets to take his cap down to his neck and have him wear it there.

I don't like Zaitsev's puck skills all that much, but we need a guy up front who isn't going to kiss and hug and miss the tough stuff. Hyman has to be more aggressive.

Last edited:
Gotta give some credit to Babcock. He drives me nuts but after the Leafs finally had time to practice after a torrid start to the schedule, the team has vastly improved its defensive game. A big reduction in the chances against and very little sustained pressure in the DZ. This, against a very good team with lots of weaponry.

If they can keep that going, they become a serious contender.

Marincin actually looks good these days. I'm sure I'm not the only one expecting a catastrophic event to happen any moment he's on the ice. But, no, solid play all around.

That shot by Kapanen was sick. He had about four square inches to shoot at. Kid has a knack for big goals.

Marincin has been very good. Kapanen is a beast, we gotta let him play.

Matthews coulda been traded for sweet, I told you last season, this guy has a Darcy Tucker shoulder. Once you have bum shoulders, yer ****ed. Too bad, but its fact. \

Sell the tops and buy the dips man. Matthews is damaged goods. Two more shoulder injuries and he is Luke Schenn around here.

One had no calves, the other, has no shoulders. Dubas cannot give this guy a contract now. He has to trade him at the top.

I don't like the team apart from Kapanen, Tavares and Rielly, in no order. Its missing something.

Not a big fan of Marner either. He is a concussion away from another facepalm discussion.

Based on the way he was hit, gonna' speculate that it's an AC joint thing for Matthews. If that's the case, hopefully it's a mild sprain cause that can take a while to heal if it's a full tear.

How do you guys figure the Matthews injury will affect the Nylander negotiations? I’d imagine the Nylander camp is salivating over this leverage.

How do you guys figure the Matthews injury will affect the Nylander negotiations? I’d imagine the Nylander camp is salivating over this leverage.

what leverage?

Dec 1st is the deadline. Nylander doesn't have enough time left to strongarm an 8-3 team.

Fantastic effort last night, btw.

Major gut-check type of performance with Matty hurt. And the Jets are definitely vulnerable on the back-end. They have some nice names back there but really swiss-cheese type stuff from them at the end there with an undermanned Leafs team. Had a hard time handling our speed and forecheck game.

Fantastic effort last night, btw.

Major gut-check type of performance with Matty hurt. And the Jets are definitely vulnerable on the back-end. They have some nice names back there but really swiss-cheese type stuff from them at the end there with an undermanned Leafs team. Had a hard time handling our speed and forecheck game.

they totally fell asleep on the first two Leaf goals. didn't think they looked that great defensively the last game either.

and did anybody notice we even pulled off the pass through the feet move against them last night again. heh.

The line switches worked as well. Maybe pair Willy/Matty, JT/Kappy, Kadri/Marner. Gonna need a left winger acquisition potentially at the deadline

Back