• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Vegas 11/3 10:00

I think the pre season and the first 5 games of regular season had a lot of Canes fans looking through rose colored glasses. That mirage has faded. The real team is here now. Lead by a coach who has absolutely no experience, and learned from really crummy coaches.

and the long knives are out for the coach already! or is this a time warp back to last season? :)

and the long knives are out for the coach already! or is this a time warp back to last season? :)

Are the long knives out already? I've seen some grumbling here, but otherwise not so much. And honestly, other than making changes to say you made changes, given the roster at hand I'm not sure what you guys expected. Miracles, I guess.

I'm seeing Bill Peters hockey 10 games into the season. Brind'amour has been super reluctant to try ANYTHING besides what is already not working. I wasnt a fan of hiring him to begin with. I think it was a huge mistake made because the owner is cheap. I hope they prove me wrong, but I think we're in for 2 or 3 more crummy losing seasons . Then Brindy gets canned, and the "disrespect" moaning starts all over again.

It's no secret I hated Bill Peters as a coach. And I want nothing more to see that crap he brought here to go away forever.

I'm seeing Bill Peters hockey 10 games into the season. Brind'amour has been super reluctant to try ANYTHING besides what is already not working. I wasnt a fan of hiring him to begin with. I think it was a huge mistake made because the owner is cheap. I hope they prove me wrong, but I think we're in for 2 or 3 more crummy losing seasons . Then Brindy gets canned, and the "disrespect" moaning starts all over again.

It's no secret I hated Bill Peters as a coach. And I want nothing more to see that crap he brought here to go away forever.

The Canes have 3 goalies, all with a Save % between .880 & .893. They also are missing a top 6 center. All in all, I am not that unsatisfied.

- The team is fun to watch....most games
- They are young and promising (players and coaches)
- They are making a true effort with the fans

Every team has games that are outliers or stinkers....the younger the team, the more they will have. I am anxious to see what this team can do over the course of the season. To call out Rod now is crazy.

The Canes have 3 goalies, all with a Save % between .880 & .893. They also are missing a top 6 center. All in all, I am not that unsatisfied.

- The team is fun to watch....most games
- They are young and promising (players and coaches)
- They are making a true effort with the fans

Every team has games that are outliers or stinkers....the younger the team, the more they will have. I am anxious to see what this team can do over the course of the season. To call out Rod now is crazy.

This. I couldn't agree more. The problems we're seeing now are entirely predictable based on known roster weaknesses. As many changes as we made over the summer, we didn't address the goaltending with anything more than a hope (Darling) and two prayers (the other two), while we did absolutely nothing to fix the problems down the middle of the ice. I'm seeing pretty much exactly what I expected to see ... in fact, they've gotten off to a better start than I expected which I'm chucking into Brind'Amour's plus column. This is a process and the way we're going about it, it's going to take awhile.

Back