• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #26 | Senators vs. Canadiens | Nov. 29, 2017 | 7:30p

Habs4Life

26.jpg

HabsWin.gif

No team skate this morning but Weber, Mete and Davidson are all skating so looks like Schlemko will make his Habs debut tonight.

John Lu‏Verified account
@JohnLuTSNMtl
Weber is skating at Brossard, as is Mete — which would suggest he will be a healthy scratch tonight to make room for Schlemko’s #Habs debut, 26 games into the season.

A win tonight combined with a Boston loss puts us tied with Detroit, whom we face tomorrow, for a playoff spot. Pretty weak division.

A win tonight combined with a Boston loss puts us tied with Detroit, whom we face tomorrow, for a playoff spot. Pretty weak division.

Yep , it will pretty much come down to a playoff battle for the # 3 position in the Atlantic Division between Montreal, Detroit, Boston and Ottawa. I was thinking maybe the Islanders and or Devils will come back down to earth and the Habs may have a shot at a wild card, but not sure anymore, those two teams are not slowing down.

I remember Carolina took advantage of a weak division and went all the way to the Final once. We have played more games than Ottawa and Bruins but who cares. The fact we are this close with the way we played is pretty amazing.

Wehave is already panicking over losing to the Leafs in the first round.

Which is precisely why playoffs are all about match ups, and this notion of elite team is somewhat far fetched in today's NHL. Every team has at least one Achilles heel, some more than one. Bruins could beat everyone but had a miserable time vs Habs. STL just couldn't handle the Hawks.

Yep , it will pretty much come down to a playoff battle for the # 3 position in the Atlantic Division between Montreal, Detroit, Boston and Ottawa. I was thinking maybe the Islanders and or Devils will come back down to earth and the Habs may have a shot at a wild card, but not sure anymore, those two teams are not slowing down.
I don't buy Detroit, IMO TBay & Leafs will also come back towards rest of the pack. If Habs can win these 3 division games this week, I expect they'll significantly close that TBay / Leafs gap by Xmas - assuming Weber's back in the next few games.

Back