• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT OCT 26 - Canes @ Leafs - 7pm SN

Brown came very close to tying it there.

Leafs have had a bunch of slow starts in a row. With Freddy, they pay for it.

Millen blows Freddy, Freddy lets in a softie, Millen makes excuse.
According to Millen, every single goal that any goalie ever lets in is tipped, and every single tipped shot is 100% impossible to stop and therefore not the goalie's fault at all. It's been his schtick for as long as he's been on TV.

I really don't understand why this guy has seemingly bulletproof job security.

According to Millen, every single goal that any goalie ever lets in is tipped, and every single tipped shot is 100% impossible to stop and therefore not the goalie's fault at all. It's been his schtick for as long as he's been on TV.

I really don't understand why this guy has seemingly bulletproof job security.

As best I can recall, he got here around the time the Leafs got Raycroft. It's been a decade plus of this bullshit and, I suspect, contributes in no small part to the ridiculous blame the Leafs blueline always takes. Not a great defensive period by any stretch, but it is made to look much worse by the shit goaltending. Two soft goals in one period is just completely unacceptable.

As best I can recall, he got here around the time the Leafs got Raycroft. It's been a decade plus of this bullshit and, I suspect, contributes in no small part to the ridiculous blame the Leafs blueline always takes. Not a great defensive period by any stretch, but it is made to look much worse by the shit goaltending. Two soft goals in one period is just completely unacceptable.

He was way before Raycroft, sadly.

Big test for Shanagroup here. Will they suck it up and find a goaltending solution or ride Freddy until the Leafs become known as playoff chokers?

Back