• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Rebound vs. the Wild | 8:00PM EST TSN4

number17

Mod Squad
Growing pain, yes, but it still leaves a sour taste in your mouth blowing a 4 goal lead and walking away with only 1 point. Good thing is, they get to redeem themselves 24 hours later.

Leafs got a Wild date tonight, and I think we'll see Enroth's debut tonight.

I'm hoping we'll see some other roster changes ... Hunwick has been painful to watch so I hope we see either Corrado or Polak tonight.

Go Leafs Go!!!!

It would be pretty funny if Enroth played great and pitched a shutout, or something.

Would we end up with #TeamAndersen and #TeamEnroth?

This isn't a 1A 1B situation though, and Enroth will have to do a LOT more than what Reimer had to do to unseat Andersen from the #1 position.

Of course, Andersen can unseat himself if he keeps playing like this ... but I do believe 3 seasons of NHL stats > 3 games. Andersen will get better.

I was surprised when i took a closer look at enroth's recent Even Strength sv%, is all I'll say.

Take a breather on any goaltending issues. We are extremely early in the season and need to give each a chance to do a bunch more games before drawing any conclusions.

Last night's loss was largely the result of the team not managing a big lead well. Sitting back on the lead rather than keeping up their offensive pressure. This is typical of a young team. They need to learn this and will surely do so with our great coach.

The most interesting thing to me about this game is how this young team performs energy-wise on a back-to-back game.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

I was surprised when i took a closer look at enroth's recent Even Strength sv%, is all I'll say.

If by recent you mean last year in a 16 game sample size, then I'm not sure what to say.

He's a backup goalie. A good one, but a backup goalie nonetheless. My concern is that I have the same opinion on Andersen.

If Andersen is still struggling or below average in another 10-15 games, then maybe people can start to split into #teams again.

Our management has been pretty smart so far. I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this guy after 3 games.

Career Even Strength Save Percentage

Andersen (27): 128gms, .923
Enroth (28): 147gms, .921

Leafs should bounce back.

Young talented teams will have massive swings in their performance.

Still entertaining as heck to watch the faithful here deal with the inconsistency.

Goalies are harder to judge. I think the mental element is so much more important for them, and it's a bit hard to judge sometimes. I think the role and situation a goalie plays in makes a huge difference.
1.Playing in a smaller vs. bigger market (ie bigger market--->more media, more attention/scrutiny, etc)
2. If you're a starting goalie or split games with another goalie..who's backing you up is important (the more component the backup the easier it is mentally imo (ie Toskala situation..he had Nabokov)..if you fail, only you fail..not the team. I think the real pressure comes from knowing your ruining everything for your team, and knowing that the buck stops at you..you fail..nobody will save you).

Career Even Strength Save Percentage

Andersen (27): 128gms, .923
Enroth (28): 147gms, .921
You have to keep in mind, Andersen posted those number with most of the games as a starter, where Enroth was a backup ... it's easier to post good SV% as backup getting the easier opponents all the times.

Anderson's mostly been a backup too. the one year he was closer to a full time starter (54gms) his stats were subpar.

Andersen was a backup only in his rookie season. In the 2 subsequent seasons he didn't get 60 or more starts because of injuries. Meaning, he didn't just get the easy games as a backup usually would.

In Enroth's case, the only season he wasn't playing behind someone else was 14-15 in Buffalo, and he posted .903 in that season.

Wishing Enroth can unseat Andersen may be wishful thinking, unless, like I said, Andersen unseat himself by being absolutely terrible.

Back