• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Round 1, Game 5 | Canadiens @ Rangers | April 20, 2017 | 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do however blame him for not getting his nose dirty for goals....but that's Max's career in a nutshell
24-of-35 goals this year vs non playoff teams, that's been his career rate - 30% of his goals vs playoff teams during the regular season....

Max scores on that beakaway and no one is talking about his poor playoffs anymore

Again, Max needed to go to the net today.....there were so many loose rebounds and pucks left from Radulov plays...

Heck, even Pleks went to the net when he scored the goal in Game 2

I am not. of course is a team sport. but your best players need to be difference makers and they simply are not. You said it well, Price made some very good saves but failed again to make the key saves which could be game savor. Lundq in other end did, i don't mind a goalie allows softies, Price did, Lundq also did(goal of Lehkonen) but at least shut the door when it matters.

Price has allowed ONLY 2 goals after the 2nd period in this series .. that is getting it done.. both goalies have been excellent, both goalies had softies, both goalies have allowed the same amount of goals.. our forwards are not cashing in on all the rebounds which are constant..

24-of-35 goals this year vs non playoff teams, that's been his career rate - 30% of his goals vs playoff teams during the regular season....

not sure if it means anything.....i'm sure Gretzky and Lemieux padded their stats against weaker teams also (i'm not saying Max is a HOF)

Max is like Phil Kessel

You cant build an offence around Kessel as a go to guy...put him in favourable matchups and let the big boys like Crosby and Malkin play as top dogs.

But man does Kessel look great as that secondary scorng threat.

Watched maybe 25 regular season games and all six playoff games. Will always cheer for this team but this years version is not very good. Hoping for a better outcome or for the team to click at the right time but that hasn't happened. Oh well.

Well , the Habs PP has the same effect.

Worse than the fact that Danault and Plekanec are our top two centers

Its utterly disgusting that we started these playoffs as Danault, Pleks and Shaw as our centers

i can guarantee Las Vegas will have better top three centers after the expansion draft

did the Leafs win a cup recently? this team was up and down all year.. it is what it is.. I think they win the next two..

yep. some people have their expectations dialed up too high.

I enjoy the action and pray we get bounces. This isn't a carefully built powerhouse that's expected to dominate.

Max's game heavily on the stretch pass, which gets defended better in the playoffs -- but it was there today when he incredibly snatched a puck out of mid-air. But he didn't finish.

I enjoy the action and pray we get bounces. This isn't a carefully built powerhouse that's expected to dominate.

That's what is sad....this Rangers team is not that great either, so beatable by a half decent team.

Than imagine the 2nd round youre facing another team that is very very beatable.

The path to the conference final is right there the only real test comes in the conference final once you get yhere you're likely faving the Pens

Don't think anyone expected this team to dominate.

I think most expected to make it out of the first round.

We're one shitty game away from being first round castoffs

2nd round team will not be any better than the Rangers

That ottawa/Boston series looks like pre season hockey compared to this series.

The speed, goalyending and physicality doesnt even come close

Not really....some of us had Rangers winning.

The issue is more with how this team was built, and why Bergy hasn't addressed our biggest need in his 5 year dictatorship ?

All expectations are thrown out the window come playoff time. Guy Boucher shrugged off every one of the last 3 losses to the Canadiens and said just get me in the playoffs. He is saying the same thing now and sitting pretty.

I considered it a coin flip from the get go. (just repeat the following words to yourself until you feel the same: Danault -Plekanec, Danault -Plekanec, Danault -Plekanec, Danault -Plekanec)

Not really....some of us had Rangers winning.

The issue is more with how this team was built, and why Bergy hasn't addressed our biggest need in his 5 year dictatorship ?

that issue is not today's business; you might have as well stopped watching after the trade deadline

I considered it a coin flip from the get go. (just repeat the following words to yourself until you feel the same: Danault -Plekanec, Danault -Plekanec, Danault -Plekanec, Danault -Plekanec)

If you inverse the names while repeating it, does it make it better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back