• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Canadiens - Sat Apr 9 - 2016 - 7:00 pm ET

northernlou

Idi Admin
Preview: Tampa Bay at Montreal
7:00 PM ET, Saturday, April 9, 2016
Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec

Jonathan Drouin made an impact in his first game since December with the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday while recording the game-winning goal. The former third-overall draft pick looks to continue to state his case for a spot in the lineup during the playoffs for the injury-depleted Lightning when they visit the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday.

Drouin started the season on the top line, suffered through injuries, requested a trade, left his minor-league team and was suspended for almost two months before returning to go on a goal-scoring spree, including in the 4-2 victory at New Jersey on Thursday. “He’s an offensive threat,” Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper told reporters. “When he’s got his feet moving and got some open ice, that kid can make some plays.” The Lightning have sealed home ice for the first round of the playoffs but need a victory to avoid being swept this season by Montreal, which will miss the postseason for the first time since 2011-12. The Canadiens, who were swept in five games during the 2014-15 regular season by Tampa Bay, blanked the Lightning 3-0 on March 31 and are 1-2-0 since.

TV: 7 p.m. ET, FSN Florida (Tampa Bay), TVAS and Sportsnet (Montreal)

ABOUT THE LIGHTNING (46-30-5): Drouin had nine goals in 10 games with Syracuse of the American Hockey League after his suspension was lifted and was recalled Thursday. The speedy left wing played with center Vladislav Namestnikov and Alex Killorn against New Jersey as Cooper experiments with his forward lines with captain Steven Stamkos (blood clot) lost for 1-to-3 months and Ryan Callahan (lower body) day-to-day. Backup Andrei Vasilevskiy (11-9-0) likely gets the start in net after Ben Bishop played Thursday.

ABOUT THE CANADIENS (37-38-6): Captain Max Pacioretty has six points in the last five games and leads the team with 61 while he is still two shy of his third straight 30-goal campaign. Alex Galchenyuk is also two away from his first 30-goal season and is tied with Tomas Plekanec for second on the team with 53 points. Goaltender Charlie Lindgren earned the victory in his first career start Thursday against Carolina, but Mike Condon is expected to get the nod in net after registering his first career shutout against Tampa Bay in the last meeting.

OVERTIME

1. Tampa Bay RW Nikita Kucherov leads the team with 66 points, including five in the last four contests.

2. Montreal D Joel Hanley has posted six assists in his first nine NHL outings.

3. The Lightning are 2-for-25 on the power play over the last six games and Montreal is the same in the past 10 contests.

Trends

Canadiens are 0-5 in their last 5 Saturday games.
Canadiens are 3-8 in their last 11 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nhl/matchups/g2_preview_6.html

qmcR3YN.gif

Max scores 2 to get to 30. AG scores 2 to get to 30. PK gets 4 assists. Habs lose 5-4 in regulation. Buffalo wins. Arizona wins. Come on - make it happen!

For the last 10 years, I've been going at the Bell Center to watch at least 4 Habs games with my 3 best buddies.
Almost everytime we go, it's a celebration.
We get downtown early, we eat good and drink good. We have fun during the games and after.

I am the one buying the tickets, and I always try to get the season opener and the last home game.
This year I was on the West Coast from July to January and our tradition has been broken.
We would text each other over the historic start of our team.
I did not miss a single game. Damn our team was fun to watch.
I remember Ken Hitchcock saying we would be a beast all year after we beat his St-Louis Blues.

Came back in January and needless to say, none of us wanted to buy tickets go see a game at the Bell.

A friend of mine invited me to the Detroit game we won last week and I refused.
I don't remember a season I have not been to at least one game since I was a kid.
This is a sad season and I really did not feel like going.

My father called me yesterday and he's been offered a pair of very good tickets in the Reds.
He invited me to go with him.
Saturday night, last game of the season with the father, you can't say no to that !

So I'll be at the Bell Center with one of my jerseys, cheering on my team to win.
At this point, a single defeat may or may not give us a better pick.
It may or may not give us a better prospect.

I just want to have a good time and beat Tampa Bay again this season.
You can be sure I will boo Drouin every time he touches the puck !
My other target would be Tyler Johnson, but I don't know if it's worth it since he's a shade of his former self.
But if he looks my way, I'll give him the finger, tell him Count says hi !

For the last 10 years, I've been going at the Bell Center to watch at least 4 Habs games with my 3 best buddies.
Almost everytime we go, it's a celebration.
We get downtown early, we eat good and drink good. We have fun during the games and after.

I am the one buying the tickets, and I always try to get the season opener and the last home game.
This year I was on the West Coast from July to January and our tradition has been broken.
We would text each other over the historic start of our team.
I did not miss a single game. Damn our team was fun to watch.
I remember Ken Hitchcock saying we would be a beast all year after we beat his St-Louis Blues.

Came back in January and needless to say, none of us wanted to buy tickets go see a game at the Bell.

A friend of mine invited me to the Detroit game we won last week and I refused.
I don't remember a season I have not been to at least one game since I was a kid.
This is a sad season and I really did not feel like going.

My father called me yesterday and he's been offered a pair of very good tickets in the Reds.
He invited me to go with him.
Saturday night, last game of the season with the father, you can't say no to that !

So I'll be at the Bell Center with one of my jerseys, cheering on my team to win.
At this point, a single defeat may or may not give us a better pick.
It may or may not give us a better prospect.

I just want to have a good time and beat Tampa Bay again this season.
You can be sure I will boo Drouin every time he touches the puck !
My other target would be Tyler Johnson, but I don't know if it's worth it since he's a shade of his former self.
But if he looks my way, I'll give him the finger, tell him Count says hi !

make sure you buy your dad a nice dinner and a few beverages :thumbup:

Max scores 2 to get to 30. AG scores 2 to get to 30. PK gets 4 assists. Habs lose 5-4 in regulation. Buffalo wins. Arizona wins. Come on - make it happen!

Arizona win or lose doesn't change anything, they have 78 points and 35 wins, we have 80 and 37 wins even if we lose they will still draft lower than us. So our only hope is losing tonight and hope Sabers win, then we draft 8th otherwise 9th.

Last edited:
Arizona win or lose doesn't change anything, they have 78 points and 35 wins, we have 80 and 37 wins even if we lose they will still draft lower than us. So our only hope is losing tonight and hope Sabers win, then we draft 8th otherwise 9th.

Its not wins... its ROW. Arizona has more ROW and if they win (And we lose) they pass us.

They have 34 ROW, we have 32

Sabres too

Back