• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2014 Offseason & Training Camp

Tokarski will never make it through the waiver wire unclaimed. However I also wonder how good he will be playing just 10 - 15 games a year.

No, he won't and if Price gets injured the org. has already shown that it has no confidence in Budaj for any any significant length of time so there's no point to keeping Budaj.

The East will be even worse than last year...the Bruins are not getting better, they're still gonna be the best team but I don't see them on the up swing anymore.
Pittsburgh should be the same as should the Rangers.

The only team I really see being a wildcard to be dominant is TB

Anyone can come out of the East if they win a round

Its funny you say this. I have no issue saying this on the record, I think the Bruins take a big step back this year despite what all of the "experts" are saying.

Chara is geting older and less productive, Thornton was a character guy now gone, Eriksson has been awful, they did not replace Iginla and his 30 goals in free agencyand that is not to mention they will likely need to shed salary to get some breathing room.

Their impatience with Seguin will be their downfall. He was the key IMO in a transition.

They still have a good team. Losing Thronton probably helps them....he was worse than Murray.

The issue with Chara is that I dont think he can play as many minutes effectively now. So I can follow you there even though they do have some good young D men.

Iggy - yep.

Seguin - yep.

Still think they are the team to beat in the east....they still have a deep team and rask in net.

Its funny you say this. I have no issue saying this on the record, I think the Bruins take a big step back this year despite what all of the "experts" are saying.

Chara is geting older and less productive, Thornton was a character guy now gone, Eriksson has been awful, they did not replace Iginla and his 30 goals in free agencyand that is not to mention they will likely need to shed salary to get some breathing room.

Their impatience with Seguin will be their downfall. He was the key IMO in a transition.

The key is Chara and he's obviously slowing down at his age....we saw in the playoffs that if he falters so do the Bruins

Boston's probably still the best team in the East, but their window is closing very soon. I'm still not sure how Ciarelli (sp) got Krug & Smith to $1.4M caphits. A rabbit out of his ****ing hat. With that said, I'm a little annoyed that Bergevin didn't offersheet Reilly Smith. Give him an offer sheet of $3M and only give up a second if Bawstun doesn't accept it, and there was no way they were going to accept it without having to make roster changes.

Boston's probably still the best team in the East, but their window is closing very soon. I'm still not sure how Ciarelli (sp) got Krug & Smith to $1.4M caphits. A rabbit out of his ****ing hat. With that said, I'm a little annoyed that Bergevin didn't offersheet Reilly Smith. Give him an offer sheet of $3M and only give up a second if Bawstun doesn't accept it, and there was no way they were going to accept it without having to make roster changes.

You don't really believe that this was ever a possibility, do you? Only the Flyers offer-sheet RFA's. Gentlemen's agreement, as they say.

No, I get that nobody wants to do it because it's a league of chums and pussies, but the option is there.

An offer sheet would have screwed the Bruins bigtime and it probably wasn't even explored.

The Bruins still are the deepest team in the weak East, that depth over an 82-game regular season makes them the favs to win the conference.

Torey Krug ans rielly smith were not eligible for offer sheets as they had not played 3 years of pro hockey. (Only 2)

So what? This is pro sports, not houseleague hockey.

and then you would cry when they did it back to us, some things just should not be done, banging your brother's wife, banging your sister's husband, or your dad's wife or mom's husband, and signing RFA offer sheets

wasnt Smith one of the weird guys that could not get offer sheeted?

and then you would cry when they did it back to us,
I'd cry that our GM was too stupid to not get the deal done to avoid the situation.

some things just should not be done, banging your brother's wife, banging your sister's husband, or your dad's wife or mom's husband, and signing RFA offer sheets
Off sheets are well within the rules of the NHL.... your examples are not within the rules of marriage.

Back