• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Offseason

i prefer to get paid in giant novelty checks

like this?

heavy-check-mark_2714.png

nah i prefer USD

the last thing we have as Canadians, other than milk boards, medicaire and no Trump, is our correct spelling of words like centre, cheque, humour and neighbour etc. If we give that away, we have little left.

the last thing we have as Canadians, other than milk boards, medicaire and no Trump, is our correct spelling of words like centre, cheque, humour and neighbour etc. If we give that away, we have little left.

milk boards should be eliminated

#People_Like_Count are happy paying 2x the price for milk and cheese compared to the US and Europe.

I've found the cheese to be WAY cheaper in Montreal than Seattle. Milk was about the same.

I never would have thought that...

according to this site, 1L of Milk costs almost double in Montreal vs Seattle but domestic cheese is way cheaper in Montreal.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Canada&city1=Montreal&country2=United+States&city2=Seattle%2C+WA

On second thought, that's about right. Milk prices here are about the same as our organic milk prices. But I didn't look at the organic milk prices in Montreal.

Cheese prices difference, and groceries in general was quite evident. Milk and alcohol are the two main exceptions.

On second thought, that's about right. Milk prices here are about the same as our organic milk prices. But I didn't look at the organic milk prices in Montreal.

Cheese prices difference, and groceries in general was quite evident. Milk and alcohol are the two main exceptions.

Why are groceries so expensive? i guess rent costs drives almost everything up.

Why are groceries so expensive? i guess rent costs drives almost everything up.
Not sure. There is some sorts of discounted grocery stores where prices are way cheaper but the selection is less. Asian markets are also way cheaper. But the mainstream stores are super pricy, maybe from the waste cost of removing anything less than perfect from the shelf. Even the farmer markets are expensive.

Back