• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Ales Hemsky to one-year, $1 million deal

Hemsky=semin to me personally.
My first reaction was Fleishmann, then I looked more into it and I don't think it will be that bad, I think it will actually be a good deal for us actually. For starters, unlike Semin he can actually skate, and unlike him he still has been able to put points on the board.

My first reaction was Fleishmann, then I looked more into it and I don't think it will be that bad, I think it will actually be a good deal for us actually. For starters, unlike Semin he can actually skate, and unlike him he still has been able to put points on the board.

TSN numbers guys agrees. The problem I have is that space on the top 6 is limited, so you need players closer to All Star level than adequate. Hemsky probably disappears on the 3rd line.

If Hemsky is healthy, though, he’s produced 1.75 points/60 over the past four seasons, the same as Artem Anisimov, Jakub Voracek, Sean Monahan and others, so it would not be unreasonable to expect him to be productive in a top-nine role in Montreal.

Signed to a one-year, $1-million contract, Hemsky is a risk well worth taking for Montreal, but there is sense of desperation from a team that just lost its number two scorer from last season.
Verdict: It’s not reasonable to expect Hemsky to match the production lost by Radulov’s departure, but Hemsky can mitigate the impact of the loss and does so at a much better price. There is risk involved, to be sure, but there is a much better chance that Hemsky’s production exceeds the level of investment when compared to the cost of Radulov in Dallas.

Hemsky is a good hockey player that has suffered some injuries that have set him back.

He'll be able to contribute on a 3rd line on this claude julien team beacuse he is also responsible

If you look at it as Drouin replacing Radulov and Hemsky replacing Dwight King, it looks better.

If you look at it as Drouin replacing Radulov and Hemsky replacing Dwight King, it looks better.

nobody cares that Dwight King was upgraded....that's the lowest hanging fruit possible.... and besides King was barely part of the mix last year.

Drouin was brought in to complement Radulov in the top 6.

Remember, how you thought we needed a guy like Vrbata at the deadline last year? Well, we since added Drouin but lost Radulov.

So, we're still missing a guy.

nobody cares that Dwight King was upgraded....that's the lowest hanging fruit possible.... and besides King was barely part of the mix last year.

Drouin was brought in to complement Radulov in the top 6.

Remember, how you thought we needed a guy like Vrbata at the deadline last year? Well, we since added Drouin but lost Radulov.

So, we're still missing a guy.

We need two guys....

1) Centre
2) LHD

We can sign one (or trade for one) with what we have left in the cap.

That should get us to the playoffs.

We'll be asking Marc to get us the other one at the deadline, to get us through the playoffs.

I'm fine going into the regular season, merely with small upgrades on last years roster.... we need a deadline that finishes the team off.

We need two guys....

1) Centre
2) LHD

We can sign one (or trade for one) with what we have left in the cap.

That should get us to the playoffs.

We'll be asking Marc to get us the other one at the deadline, to get us through the playoffs.

I'm fine going into the regular season, merely with small upgrades on last years roster.... we need a deadline that finishes the team off.

You won't find a center good enough that it was worth sacrificing Radulov's cap hit for.

I'd rather Radulov taking up 6 mil rather than a so-so center from Bergy's flee market shopping

Yes. The Old Groundhog Day Hab Fan summer time rationalization:

Wait till October. Lots of player movement yet to come.
Followed by this Trade Deadline should be fun, and
We'll fix everything by July 3rd.

Always one player away from being one player away
--The End

--The End

It's Bergy's best magical illusion: tell them there's always the off-season or trade deadline, but then tell them with a condescending tone that no centers were moved because it's tough to make trades.

That's why i would have rather "cut our losses" and gambled with an amazing top 6 (with no center), rather than a good top 6 (still with no center)

Bergy is banking for that magical ending that involves Price throwing a shutout every 2nd playoff game.

--The End

Perfect post.

It's like we are chasing our tail on this team. Next year's big task is how to fit in the new contract of Price and the year after that it's Pacs new contract to fit all the while we are not even improving the team.

Do people really remember how they felt the day after we were eliminated this past April? I didn't get the feeling we were one player or one break away from making a charge for the cup. If anything we were heading in the wrong direction and yet it feels like most want the same team again.

I suppose the new mantra will be that things will be better with Julien having a full camp to prepare the team. I also can't wait for the Captain's rubber stamp comment of how the dressing room is so solid as they play the annual golf tourny before camp officially opens.

Perfect post.

It's like we are chasing our tail on this team. Next year's big task is how to fit in the new contract of Price and the year after that it's Pacs new contract to fit all the while we are not even improving the team.

Do people really remember how they felt the day after we were eliminated this past April? I didn't get the feeling we were one player or one break away from making a charge for the cup. If anything we were heading in the wrong direction and yet it feels like most want the same team again.

I suppose the new mantra will be that things will be better with Julien having a full camp to prepare the team. I also can't wait for the Captain's rubber stamp comment of how the dressing room is so solid as they play the annual golf tourny before camp officially opens.

agreed
i would feel so much better about the habs if they remembered how to draft and develop even a little bit

Our player drafting and development has hit an all time low over since the unicorn year of 2007. Even with our eternal first round problems, we were always able to churn out quality players through our system years after years. This quickly dried out after the first few years of Timmins, and especially since Lefebvre took over.

Back