• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Mike Weaver to one-year, $1.75 million deal

Re: Habs sign Mike Weaver to one-year deal

So much for letting the kids play

Gilbert
Weaver
Markov
Emelin
Subban

Hey look at that, suddenly we have a balanced defense corps with 4 lefties and 3 righties.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gilbert
Beaulieu/Tinordi-Weaver

I love that Weaver is back. Perfect replacement for Gorges.

That being said. I think that MB's plan was really D. Boyle. When he did not land him, Boyle turned into Gilbert and Weaver. Just guessing.

Well Gilbert replaces Gorges and Weaver steps in as the #6

Leaves Tinordi and beaulieu as the #6 and & guys

I think that's all MB will be doing on D

Re: Habs sign Mike Weaver to one-year deal

So much for letting the kids play

Gilbert
Weaver
Markov
Emelin
Subban

I'm fine with this as long as they don't sign another one. They were not going to give two top 6 spots to our young guys. I'm fine if they give them 2 roster spots though.

Hey look at that, suddenly we have a balanced defense corps with 4 lefties and 3 righties.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gilbert
Beaulieu/Tinordi-Weaver

And bigger...insert Gilbert at 6'3 and hopefully Tinordi also

I'm good with this. Injuries happen. We have a nice blend. Best of all no Bou/Murray/Diaz to bitch about.

Would have rather saved money and gone with NB and Tinordi.

Neither with experience, too risky for this team that wants to compete and make the playoffs. MB needed a more sure thing. NB/Tinordi will get playing time, but they are not reliable enough yet to go into the playoffs with. I know to get experience you need to play but we don't have time for that, we are in win now mode and can't deal with their growing mistakes full time yet. Both have deficiencies on D.

Back