• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

It was during that period that Neely would totally own his ass in the playoffs. We had 3 2nd round exits in a row after 1989.

He had issues with Neely.... lots of goalies did. Didn't say he was perfect, just that he was better than Ranford.

Neely wasn't playing on any of the other teams in the tournament, and he individually shouldn't have been a concern.

He was still clearly better than Ranford who was a slightly above average NHL goalie, living off a reputation for one playoff run. His overall play was just above the NHL middle of the pack. Roy was the lead dog with Belfour challenging for the crown at the time.

Looking back, Roy was having a sinus operation as an excuse for missing the tournament.

And Roy would later say that 1998 was the first time he was asked to play for Canada in that type of best-on-best tournament.

Which was a mistake as he should have been there in both 91 and 96.

He had issues with Neely.... lots of goalies did. Didn't say he was perfect, just that he was better than Ranford.

Neely wasn't playing on any of the other teams in the tournament, and he individually shouldn't have been a concern.

He was still clearly better than Ranford who was a slightly above average NHL goalie, living off a reputation for one playoff run. His overall play was just above the NHL middle of the pack. Roy was the lead dog with Belfour challenging for the crown at the time.

I don't disagree with the logic, but my point was Ranford played extremely well during that tournament so it was hardly a bad choice.

I'm still finding information that Roy was not medically cleared to play for the tournament. Giving that Pat Burns was on the coaching staff and that we had 3 Habs on the team (Desjardins, Courtnall and Corson), I feel that he probably would have been there if not for medical reasons.

I don't think Weber is a bad choice for the record... Subban should be on the team, but replacing Muzzin or Bouwmeester or Pietrangelo.

That said, "They're only bad choices if they don't win." isn't accurate. Chris Chelios for Denis Savard is still a bad trade even if the Habs won a cup with Savard and the Hawks didn't with Chelios.

Same thing here, the 1991 team made a bad choice with Ranford over Roy.

The 2014 team made a bad choice with Kunitz.

A number of winning teams have made bad choices. Winning does not mean they were perfect.

1991? Holy crap buddy, got a grunge against Team Canada?

We are old. Grunge was 25+ years ago

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, etc

There is a sub pop store in the seattle airport
haha

We are old. Grunge was 25+ years ago

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, etc

There is a sub pop store in the seattle airport
haha

That we are....

[video=youtube;3mbBbFH9fAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg[/video]

Back