• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs Offseason Thread

I don't mind giving Setoguchi a chance, now that he's reportedly signed up for an addiction program and been sober for 5 months. However, I don't think he should be (and maybe he isn't) guaranteed a NHL contract and a spot. I'm perfectly fine as a camp invite.

I would have been surprised if they actually signed Setoguchi to an NHL contract. There just isn't a need. Setoguchi hasn't been an above-average NHLer for years now, and there are a bunch of players better than him who still haven't signed contracts.

There is nothing wrong with taking a chance on the guy. Its exactly what they did last year. Take chances on a bunch of these guys for nothing. If 1 or 2 pan out like Santorelli and Winnik great. There will be guys who don't work out though like Booth and Kontiola too.

If Setoguchi can play at a 15-20 goal pace, which he did for pretty much every year he was in the NHL, then he'll have value at the deadline.

Speaking of wallets. Expensive, top of the line wallets...

Tony Marinaro
Source out of Toronto tells me Mike Babcock's #1 Assistant Coach choice is Jacques Lemaire. And, that Lemaire has been contacted. #TSN690

I love how much money they are investing off the ice. These are the guys who are going to put together and develop this team. Get the best money can buy. Beteween Babcock, Lou and Lemaire they have to be spending well over $10 mill. And who knows how much they had to pay Hunter to get him out of London.

“Obviously Jacques Lemaire has a wealth of experience. We had a great relationship from the 2010 Olympics and I’ve asked him to join our staff to help me and the rest of our coaches within the entire organization be the best they can be,” said Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock.

It sounds like he won't be behind the Leafs bench every day, but a coaching floater that helps everyone from Babcock to their ECHL coaches.

Yeah I bet he helps set up the defensive system, and then goes to the Marlies coaches and shows them the system so that Nylander et al will be following the big clubs style and systems.

I don't want to sound negative, but remember how glad we were when Allaire was brought in... he was going to get Giguere and Reimer to be the next Roy.

Yeah I bet he helps set up the defensive system, and then goes to the Marlies coaches and shows them the system so that Nylander et al will be following the big clubs style and systems.

I don't want to sound negative, but remember how glad we were when Allaire was brought in... he was going to get Giguere and Reimer to be the next Roy.

Allaire doesn't belong in the same sentence with people like Lemaire.

It sounds like he won't be behind the Leafs bench every day, but a coaching floater that helps everyone from Babcock to their ECHL coaches.
Kind of sounds like he's being brought in as a development coach for the coaches in the organization.

As with all the other guys they've brought in, if they think Lemaire can help them out---why not?

Lemaire was a very good coach at one time, not sure what he can still bring but if they know how to use him properly, I'm sure he can still bring SOMETHING to the table.

And "Special assignment" coach sounds like they don't know what to do with him yet ...

Lemaire was a very good coach at one time, not sure what he can still bring but if they know how to use him properly, I'm sure he can still bring SOMETHING to the table.

And "Special assignment" coach sounds like they don't know what to do with him yet ...

at one point? in his lastfull season of coaching.. in 2010... he coached a 100 point team. the following year he took over a team that was 9-22 and posted a 600 winning percentage over the remainder of the season. dude's a genius. one of the all time great coaches.

I wonder if the MLSE's dump truck driver is getting tired of backing up onto all these people's lawns and dumping a load of money.

Back