• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs - Sens - Habs 2013-14

Re: Leafs - Sens - Habs 13-14

He's really sucked defensively thus far in the games I've seen.

He was turrible against us. Like inexcusably turrible.

2333835-turrible.jpg

Haven't seen much at all since (watched a bit of the Ducks & Sharks games) but he looked pedestrian as well, I only caught 10-15 minutes of each game though, so hard to make an overall judgement from that.

Caught the whole Leaf-Sens game though and any time the puck wasn't on his stick, he pretty much sucked.

one thing i noticed in the leafs game was that 3-4 times in the game he turned the puck over trying to head man it up the right side with back-hand passes.

made me wonder if teams picked up on the fact that he's a bit weak on the weak side, and are clogging up the middle and left side to force the puck up the right wing whenever he has it.

it was the same thing every time, too. short, quick up passes on the back hand, and all of them were way in front of the target, and ended up on the leafs' sicks.

one thing i noticed in the leafs game was that 3-4 times in the game he turned the puck over trying to head man it up the right side with back-hand passes.

made me wonder if teams picked up on the fact that he's a bit weak on the weak side, and are clogging up the middle and left side to force the puck up the right wing whenever he has it.

it was the same thing every time, too. short, quick up passes on the back hand, and all of them were way in front of the target, and ended up on the leafs' sicks.

He's a smallish defenseman who doesn't like contact. No one should be shocked that, if you put physical pressure on him, he's going to make hasty decisions to avoid physical contact.

Keep him to the weak side and finish every check.

Yeah, and then it takes a whole 10 days until we play our next back to back, with Pittsburgh being the back end of that.

#Conspiracy!

So, to summarize, the following forces are all conspiring against the Senators success this season: the schedule, the refs, Spezza's groin. Did I miss anything?

Re: GDT: Leafs vs North Stars, 7pm, SNET

Until tonight, when they will have played their second opponent on the back end of a back to back, while they are at home rested.

The Leafs will face 3 back to back situations of their own in October. Nothing about their schedule in unusual.

You just aren't smart.

really is a perfect storm for Karlsson this year.

He had that unsustainably great year in 11-12.

Then he had a major injury which would only make his regression worse.

But, at the same time, him not playing for pretty much a whole year helped build the legend of Hot Karl - all his youngish mistakes were forgotten, and suddenly his great offensive year became this studly all-world hall of fame performance for the ages.

Really set him up nicely for some hugetime dissappointment this year.

really is a perfect storm for Karlsson this year.

He had that unsustainably great year in 11-12.

Then he had a major injury which would only make his regression worse.

But, at the same time, him not playing for pretty much a whole year helped build the legend of Hot Karl - all his youngish mistakes were forgotten, and suddenly his great offensive year became this studly all-world hall of fame performance for the ages.

Really set him up nicely for some hugetime dissappointment this year.
His play last year, pre-injury, was outstanding. Right on par with his previous Norris campaign.

The only issue is the set-back due to a severe injury. He's still clearly not 100%. A real shame.

Though I'm not surprised to see that Leaf fans are slowly starting to show their jubilation that our star player has been hindered by injury.

Stefan Noesen has a torn ACL/MCL in his 2nd AHL game.

Brutal luck for the Ducks considering how recent the trade is.

The only issue is the set-back due to a severe injury. He's still clearly not 100%. A real shame.

I remember when you tore into me for even suggesting that there was a possibility of this occurring.

I remember when you tore into me for even suggesting that there was a possibility of this occurring.
Because you are basing the potential of that happening on hope. You HOPE he doesn't come back 100%.

There is no proof that players don't rebound from that type of injury. Zero. All we do know is that most people suggest it takes a full 12 months to get back to normal.

He's at the 8 month mark.

Back