• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign John Tavares to 7 year/ $77m deal

His contract is at least part of the reason its very difficult to get the other stars to come in at better numbers
Sure but throwing away a ton of picks on useless garbage or players who do not resign and the choice to saddle ourselves with the Kampfs/jcrock/reaves/klingberg etc of the world.

Idk why 6 year old stuff is being quoted but JT isn't the reason we have failed to win a cup.

11 million dollars tied up in a guy playing at a 54 point pace in the playoffs since becoming a Leaf, getting secondary matchups and 1st unit PP while being the leader and captain isn't the only reason, but he's the biggest.

I mean, even if we count all of the failures of the guys who were kids when he got here:

Playoff PPG since JT signing:

Matthews (21-26): .98
Marner (21-26): .88
Nylander (22-27): .84
Rielly (24-29): .68
JT (28-33): .66

That's one of the hardest fails, and biggest flops in Leaf history when you really look at it.

Sure but throwing away a ton of picks on useless garbage or players who do not resign and the choice to saddle ourselves with the Kampfs/jcrock/reaves/klingberg etc of the world.

I won't defend those moves ever, at all. But I will argue that Tavares was the first bad move which begat other bad moves.

11 million dollars tied up in a guy playing at a 54 point pace in the playoffs since becoming a Leaf, getting secondary matchups and 1st unit PP while being the leader and captain isn't the only reason, but he's the biggest.

I mean, even if we count all of the failures of the guys who were kids when he got here:

Playoff PPG since JT signing:

Matthews (21-26): .98
Marner (21-26): .88
Nylander (22-27): .84
Rielly (24-29): .68
JT (28-33): .66

That's one of the hardest fails, and biggest flops in Leaf history when you really look at it.
simultaniously this, and best FA in Leaf history so i'm told

Holy shit, what a bunch of scapegoating dumbasses.

Your boy's legacy in Toronto

200w.gif

Zeke delivered huge... All that needs to be said.

And I love your posts brother, but I don't know why Zeke gets so much unlove around here. Guy is a logician.. I bet Dubas offers him a job soon/.... for large.

Zeke hold out for 500k usd minimum.. Best call of the decade and this guy doesn't get any love.... I don't get it.

At least the stuff about Zeke becoming a millionaire came true

Your boy's legacy in Toronto

200w.gif

He really is going to leave behind a uniquely terrible legacy for a player of his caliber.

The market where he played the best days of his career will hate him with the same intensity usually reserved for serial child murderers until the day he dies.

And then in Toronto, he’ll be competing with Dion Phaneuf for the title of “most reviled and disappointing Leaf captain in modern history.”

Why is he so disappointing?

If anyone offered you guys a 30 goal season in year 6 when he signed the deal, you’d be elated.

There’s a lot of blaming the 4th best player while the three better players fail pretty fucking badly. And no, it’s not because Tavares exists or has a fucking letter C brought to you by Sesame Street on his jersey.

Grow up.

Back