• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Marc Bergevin: Post Mortem 2016/17 season

FWIW - Pierre LeBrun is the latest talking head to say post expansion draft will likely see a "historic number of trades in the NHL", the ever silent Uncle Lou chiming in with "players no one expects to be dealt will likely be in play"

It will be interesting now that lists will be made available.

Like McPhee said this will open up a secondary market where some GMs may like some unprotected players and would acquire them through Vegas.

Mcphee can also be crafty and look to select potential UFAs to flip them at the deadline for picks.

Its why I believe a guy like Pleks can be of interest...theynget a good vet to play the bulk kf the year and tradebhim at the deadline for a pick

Like McPhee said this will open up a secondary market where some GMs may like some unprotected players and would acquire them through Vegas.

Mcphee can also be crafty and look to select potential UFAs to flip them at the deadline for picks.

Its why I believe a guy like Pleks can be of interest...theynget a good vet to play the bulk kf the year and tradebhim at the deadline for a pick

Many of his picks are gone in 2-3 years . Part of the decision has to be who can I flip for assets at the deadline and Pleks is a no brainer to select .

wouldn't say Pleks is a no-brainer selection. a lot of vets can be flipped for picks -- aging 3rd liners with a mediocre playoff history aren't rare

This is something I've been saying for a while if I was MB I'd find someone there who is a top 6 and call McPhee to trade for them.

wouldn't say Pleks is a no-brainer selection. a lot of vets can be flipped for picks -- aging 3rd liners with a mediocre playoff history aren't rare
Hes not a no brainer... but looking at what teams are likely to protect, pleks and carl soderberg might be the best two centres for vegas.

Back