• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Music Thread

Really like this song, Jeff. That reminds me of a couple of songs I've heard recently that fall into that category. I'll post later.

P.S. BIG fan of Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit.
You might like Sadler Vaden's solo record that he put out in 2020 if you haven't heard it. Very Big Star-esque ... in a good way. I'm FINALLY getting to see Isbell touring the Reunion record in a couple of weeks. That show got postponed like 5 times.

You might like Sadler Vaden's solo record that he put out in 2020 if you haven't heard it. Very Big Star-esque ... in a good way. I'm FINALLY getting to see Isbell touring the Reunion record in a couple of weeks. That show got postponed like 5 times.
Listening right now on Spotify. I like this. Thank you.

Heard this really cool song on Nic Harcourt's show here in L.A., his "Latin Alternative" song choice of the day. They are a group from here in El Monte, CA known as The Red Pears. This is "House of Mirrors".

Jack White put out the official video for Taking Me Back. The video seems a little Peter Gabriel inspired in parts.

L.A. three woman electronic outfit MUNA (friends who met while at USC), have a new single out "Silk Chiffon" featuring the amazing Phoebe Bridgers.

Fantastic Negrito is a fantastic artist (sorry). This is his latest, "Rolling Through California". The song features Miko Marks, the wonderful black country artist from Flint, MI (now based in Nashville) who just released her first LP in twelve years.

Fantastic Negrito is a fantastic artist (sorry). This is his latest, "Rolling Through California". The song features Miko Marks, the wonderful black country artist from Flint, MI (now based in Nashville) who just released her first LP in twelve years.

Oh, and for what it's worth, "Fantastic Negrito has partnered with Defy: Disaster so that a portion of the song proceeds will go to support firefighters, first responders, and communities impacted by wildfires throughout North America. You can also donate here: Defy: Disaster fire fund

Listening right now to Nic Harcourt's show, and he's playing a song Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz) performed on the BBC 2 Radio's "Sofa Sessions". It's a cover of Human League's "Don't You Want Me?". Breathtaking version.

He released a new LP last Friday (!), entitled "The Nearer The Fountain, More Pure The Stream Flows". I'm going to have to take a listen later today.

Very nice. Haven't heard much of The Dead South (The Beautiful South, yes, but not The Dead South. 😉 ). Good sound. I'll have to listen more often.

Any LP in particular you'd recommend?
TBH I only listen to them on YouTube and Spotify so I don't have any albums.

This is another gem though.

Just heard the new song by Beach House, the "dream pop" duo Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally who hail from Baltimore, MD. They just released their new song, "Once, Twice, Melody" from the upcoming LP of the same name. Big fan of this group. Can't wait to hear more.

Back