• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

NHL Playoff Prediction Thread: 2017-2018 Edition

100% in the first round

Tampa Bay vs. Boston — Tampa in 5
Washington vs. Pittsburgh — Caps in 6

Nashville vs. Winnipeg — Preds in 7
Vegas vs. San Jose — Golden Knights in 5

one team off and one game off
pretty good

I bet you're enjoying the lightning run

Watching about 60 regular season Lightning's games this season got me to enjoy hockey again.

Neither me or my entourage ever thought something like that could have been possible.
I was a die hard Montreal Canadiens fans since as a kid I got my favorite player, Patrick Roy, to autograph my #33 jersey.
Watching Montreal beats LA in 1993 with my father and winning the Stanley Cup was a great childhood memory.

I despised every Eastern Conference team and almost everybody that cheered for them to a certain extent.

But in the last 3 years, my interest for the Montreal Canadiens drastically changed.

It feels I had not enjoyed watching hockey in a long time and the last offseason was really the last straw for me.
I was not gonna stay there and keep giving my money and my attention to this organisation and what it had become.

I was going to enjoy hockey again.
So after weighting my options for a month and a half, I doubled down and followed an Atlantic Divisional rival.

So yeah, I'm really enjoying the Lightning playoff run.

Watching about 60 regular season Lightning's games this season got me to enjoy hockey again.

Neither me or my entourage ever thought something like that could have been possible.
I was a die hard Montreal Canadiens fans since as a kid I got my favorite player, Patrick Roy, to autograph my #33 jersey.
Watching Montreal beats LA in 1993 with my father and winning the Stanley Cup was a great childhood memory.

I despised every Eastern Conference team and almost everybody that cheered for them to a certain extent.

But in the last 3 years, my interest for the Montreal Canadiens drastically changed.

It feels I had not enjoyed watching hockey in a long time and the last offseason was really the last straw for me.
I was not gonna stay there and keep giving my money and my attention to this organisation and what it had become.

So after weighting my options for a month and a half, I doubled down and followed an Atlantic Divisional rival.

My hockey passion is based more on cheering against teams I hate now. I would never c switch teams, but this organization needs to change its ways or I will take a break from the game. I refuse to become a blindly loyal fan that supports a futile endeavor.

I don't think, at least for me, it is possible to "decide" to switch teams, any more than it is to switch skin colour. It either happens as a matter of course, or it doesn't.I couldn't decide to start cheering for the Minnesota Wild.But if it happened,so be it.So I'm stuck with Marc et al:smile(21):

I never really had a favourite baseball team, but there were a few I liked. When my boy became a St.Louis Cardinal fan as a kid on his own, I eventually followed. But it wasn't a decision I made,it just happened naturally. I guess its something I have to feel. But if some can make the decision cognitively to become a fan of a team, more power to you.

Must say though, I really seemed to stop caring much about the Habs this year.

Last edited:
I was seriously turned off this year, and the lack of accountability displayed at the end of year presser was terrible... the personnel moves thus far has been marginal.

This will pass, eventually, and I’ll always be a Habs fan. But these idiots are damaging the franchise.

Just know that count will hate you forever now.

Other than that, its all good. Its nice to enjoy hockey.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being tired of the current management group and the "try to win now with shitty players" philosophy.

Fans are more than ever on board with a compete reset. Many of the comments on this board prove it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being tired of the current management group and the "try to win now with shitty players" philosophy.

Fans are more than ever on board with a compete reset. Many of the comments on this board prove it.

Rock bottom is a few years away.

What about changing alliance over management / ownership ?

You or anyone else can do what you want.

Just like I can think what I want. I won't let another teams colours touch my skin. I appreciate the skill of other players, Mario Lemieux as an example. I would never wear a Pens jersey our change my support because Mario's Pens were better than Sergei Zholtoks Canadiens.

I am sure you may think it's crazy that I look at being a "fan/fanatic" as supporting your team in good times or bad. I can love the Canadiens and not approve of what ownership/management is doing. To me it is like a microcosm of life, I don't abandon my friends or family when things get shitty either.

You or anyone else can do what you want.

Just like I can think what I want. I won't let another teams colours touch my skin. I appreciate the skill of other players, Mario Lemieux as an example. I would never wear a Pens jersey our change my support because Mario's Pens were better than Sergei Zholtoks Canadiens.

I am sure you may think it's crazy that I look at being a "fan/fanatic" as supporting your team in good times or bad. I can love the Canadiens and not approve of what ownership/management is doing. To me it is like a microcosm of life, I don't abandon my friends or family when things get shitty either.

I don't think anyone is abandoning the habs.

We are just making new friends

Back