• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No more defeatism

A "defeatist" is what an optimist calls a realist.

And for one to be optimistic, one first has to have something to be optimistic about. Had the Habs won tonight, there would be cause for this, but they didn't and there isn't. Not any more.

The ultimate irony is that despite the loss of Price, we have in Tokarski a goalie who is playing well enough to get us past the Rangers. But too many players on the roster just don't want to win badly enough. They beat the Bruins and were satisfied. And when Price went down it gave them an excuse to give up. Too many of them took it.

I don't care how many playoff games we got this season. In Montreal you don't measure success by the number of playoff games in which you qualified to play. You either win the Cup or you failed. That's the standard. Don't like it? Become a Canucks fan.

The most frustrating aspect for me is that the Habs were JUST successful enough to justify drinking the kool-aid. We've seen this before when the team has enjoyed a modicum of post-season success and it always ends in tears. Badly needed changes are delayed or forgotten about. Mediocre players and coaches get contract extensions instead of buy-outs and the on-ice product never improves. Often it regresses.

This summer will be no different, I fear. Instead of gutting the roster they will overvalue their assets and only cosmetic changes will be done. And this time next year we'll all still be waiting for that 25th Cup.

I believe, we win next game its a different series, at the end of the game last night they were interviewing a rags player (forget who) and he was saying the pressure is all on us, while that is true, it is a fine example of why winning game 4 (to take the series) is tough, I hope all the rag players have that attitude, we win at home go to NY and sneak one there and then back home.. Rags did it the Penguins, we need to do it them Go Habs Go...

No one is angrier than I am. Three chances to get it out and they didn't. Boom game over thanks for coming.

Still I am angrier at the defeatism I read after the game. Total loserdom. Can you not wait until the elimination to get rid of 75% of the team?

Saying the players are happy so they can book vacations is the stupidest thing I have ever read on this board.

I want no more defeatism until we are defeated.

This team has given us a lot this year. They will not give up and when we win the series all you ****ing defeatists can line up and kiss my ass.

Bingo ! Bravo Zulu , rapier man , the Hip Check of the Day Cup award is being shipped your way as I type .

Bartend , another Sam's !

A biedntot !

If you look at things in a game by game situation two of the next three are at home.

But, if we can take game 5 and go back to NY for game 6 that will be big time pressure cooker for NY who won't want to have a game 7 and that's when we can take advantage of the momentum of winning game 5 combined with the pressure NY will feel needing to avoid a game 7

If we can get back to playing turnover-free hockey, we can still play well and win. I mean, we had 4 lines suck last night and we still almost won the game. For some reason the whole team decided to suck this series.

If we can get back to playing turnover-free hockey, we can still play well and win. I mean, we had 4 lines suck last night and we still almost won the game. For some reason the whole team decided to suck this series.

In four games they have been unable to adjust. More breakaways again last night.

Now we will really see what this team is made of Tuesday.

I don't care how many playoff games we got this season. In Montreal you don't measure success by the number of playoff games in which you qualified to play. You either win the Cup or you failed. That's the standard. Don't like it? Become a Canucks fan.

Wake-up. This is not the 1970's. While a cup is the ultimate goal, a season can be successful without one.

I was confident against Boston and remain confident now. Big task ahead of us, no doubt. I think we are up to it.

I too am sick of the doomsday gang around here sometimes.

That's the positive...we have been playing some very mediocre hockey and despite that the Rangers are just eeking out victories like game tow and last night

That's the positive...we have been playing some very mediocre hockey and despite that the Rangers are just eeking out victories like game tow and last night

But they are victories. Not sure why people won't give the Rangers some credit.

This has been a great and unexpected run. I'm very happy with this team. We got a lot to look forward. Galchenyuk is gonna be awesome.

Back