• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

How in the fuck is Willy the only guy on the team to play all 82 games, yet he’s not healthy enough to play in game one of the playoffs?

This better be a spontaneous freak injury that happened late in game #82. Because if the team’s been letting him play hurt in a bunch of meaningless games to try and hit 100 points and now he isn’t ready to go for the playoffs as a result, that’s an insta-fireable offense.

Pretty soon the gambling websites that are paying to advertise on the hockey broadcasts are going to tell the league that they can no longer keep the nature and description of injuries a secret. Like the NFL they will have to disclose who is out, who is questionable, who is probable. And the whole "upper body, lower body" crap? Yeah, that has to go too.

I saw this floating around the last few days and the opinions on this play between casual fans and high level players was interesting

View: https://twitter.com/Danwinnik34/status/1780766933995909192?t=161QR0_5hVgcwYiEfbZiKA&s=19

Ya I just picked the first vid I could find of it. I didn't have the sound on so didn't realize some dude was doing commentary about touching the puck. Not touching the puck there is right.

The decision to completely bail on the play with zero effort is the problem. He coasts toward the guy while he gains possession when he KNOWS he can't touch the puck instead of immediately hustling for his change so that his sub could get on the ice and into position. Option 2 would have been staying out and getting into good defensive position to take away a passing lane.

Coast toward, coast over puck, coast toward bench for a change that would make a beer leaguer blush was not the correct choice.

The play was to just stand there and try to block any pass. Once TB touches the puck, he's good, so he could've blocked the pass, maybe deflected it to a spot where he could've retrieved it. Anything but that. He even does a little ice capades number by skating around the puck in his feet. That was putting an exclamation mark on an already embarrassing play.

Sheldon should maybe consider simply not talking as the best way of following Pizza Boy's dictates about not sharing too much info with the media. If it can't be answered with head movements or hand gestures, it doesn't get answered. He really is a twit when he speaks.

Sheldon should maybe consider simply not talking as the best way of following Pizza Boy's dictates about not sharing too much info with the media. If it can't be answered with head movements or hand gestures, it doesn't get answered. He really is a twit when he speaks.
Youll likely be reducing his press conferences to taking a dump and hurling the poo in the direction of the media.

Back