• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Booker is the perfect, centrist candidate. Fiscally conservative, socially liberal. But for some reason, I don't think he ever becomes Prez. We'll see.

Keep in mind, I'm agnostic on who wins the Primary.

Booker's running. Warren is running.

Cuomo might. Gavin Newsom might.

But the reality of the Obama years is that the Democrats have a severely depleted bench. As I comb through the Senatorial and Gubernatorial ranks, there just isn't a lot that comes off the page.

Keep in mind, I'm agnostic on who wins the Primary.

Booker's running. Warren is running.

Cuomo might. Gavin Newsom might.

But the reality of the Obama years is that the Democrats have a severely depleted bench. As I comb through the Senatorial and Gubernatorial ranks, there just isn't a lot that comes off the page.
You're overvaluing the nostalgia for Obama that'll occur.

You're overvaluing the nostalgia for Obama that'll occur.

It's a factor. One of many.

But what I'm putting more stock in is what I know gets campaigns off the ground: money, organization, name recognition, primary voters, etc.

When I look at it, I come to those four candidates first. With the outside possibility of a Hollywood/Celebrity candidates.

I think the Hollywood/Celebrity is a serious longshot, unless Trump fails horrendously. Then it's buyer's remorse.

for publicly promoting a nazi agenda?

This guy and his group are harmless..they have no power in the US..largely because we do have free speech and we discuss things and reason things out. We are an open society...and because of that..whenever this guy opens his mouth, he's laughed at..as she should be.

What Germany did by allowing over 1mil muslims into their country...is going to have actual consequences.

I think the Hollywood/Celebrity is a serious longshot, unless Trump fails horrendously. Then it's buyer's remorse.

I think so, too. The Democrats don't have the constituency that would welcome a celebrity businessperson. But a movie star? Possible, but unlikely.

I'm happy to entertain possible candidates outside of Booker, Warren, Cuomo and Newsom. But I just don't see it.

C2p7KceXUAEg2Fp.jpg:large

Back