• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Number 1 thing you shouldn't do while facing accusations of colluding with Russian intelligence to influence American opinions.

The arrogance, and really sheer stupidity, of these guys is nuts.

what would you be more worried about - mueller's investigation/federal charges in the US? or the russians who payed you big $$$ to perform these services?

7106844-3x2-700x467.jpg

@samueloakford
State Department spokesperson won't say Tillerson supports moving of embassy to Jerusalem. Leaves door open to State and DoD input having been against White House decision. Says it's up to Trump.

Benjamin Haddad
@benjaminhaddad
Macron back at 50% of favorable opinion. First recent president to recover from negative ratings.

sorry, jews.

Timothy Noah @TimothyNoah1
Roy Moore says George Soros "comes from another world that I don’t identify with" and is "going to the same place that people who don’t recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going. And that’s not a good place.” jta.org/2017/12/05/new…

With polls showing an extremely tight race — Real Clear Politics shows Moore up by just 1.5 points — Jones hit the campaign trail today and tore into his opponent, likely hitting him where it hurt.

Regarding the allegations that Moore sexually abused teenage girls when he was in his 30s, Jones had the following to say: “I damn sure believe that I have done my part to ensure that men who hurt little girls should go to jail and not the United States Senate.”

He also mocked the ex-judge for his campaign event appearance earlier this year in which Moore pulled out a tiny pistol while wearing a cowboy hat and vest.

“When you see me with a gun, I’ll be climbing in and out of a duck blind,” Jones told the crowd, noting his support for the 2nd Amendment. “Not prancing around on a stage in a cowboy suit.”

good stuff.

what would you be more worried about - mueller's investigation/federal charges in the US? or the russians who payed you big $$$ to perform these services?

Yeah, I said the same thing when the hypothetical on whether Flynn or Manafort would roll first. Manafort would much rather do a couple years than get double tap suicided.

Team Mueller has requested that Manafort's bail be revoked.

Apparently Komrade Paulie has been co-authoring an editorial with help from a Russian intelligence asset.

Some people just don't get it or they think they're above the law.

sorry, jews.

Timothy Noah @TimothyNoah1
Roy Moore says George Soros "comes from another world that I don’t identify with" and is "going to the same place that people who don’t recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going. And that’s not a good place.” jta.org/2017/12/05/new…

If this were South Park Moore would spend eternity being ass raped by Satan and Saddam Hussein.

Trumps bank records subpoenaed and allegedly received by Mueller.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/05/donald-trump-bank-records-handed-over-robert-mueller

Donald Trump’s banking information has formally been turned over to Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor who is investigating whether the president’s campaign conspired with the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election.

Deutsche Bank, the German bank that serves as Trump’s biggest lender, was forced to submit documents about its client relationship with the president and some of his family members, who are also Deutsche clients, after Mueller issued the bank with a subpoena for information, according to media reports. The news was first reported by Handelsblatt, the German newspaper.

The revelation makes it clear that Mueller and his team are investigating the president’s finances. Trump’s son-in-law and White House adviser, Jared Kushner, is also a client.
Deutsche Bank examined Donald Trump's account for Russia links
Read more

Deutsche Bank declined to comment, but told Bloomberg in a statement that it always cooperated with investigating authorities.

Jay Sekulow, a lawyer for Trump, denied the report, telling Reuters: “No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources.”

It appears that Senate Republicans managed to make a $289 billion or so mistake while furiously hand-scribbling edits onto the tax bill they passed in the wee hours of Saturday morning. The problem involves the corporate alternative minimum tax, which the GOP initially planned to repeal, but tossed back into their stew at the last second in order to raise some desperately needed revenue. The AMT is basically a parallel tax code meant to prevent companies from zeroing out their IRS bills. It doesn’t allow businesses to take as many tax breaks but, in theory, is also supposed to have a lower rate.

Except not under the Senate bill. When Mitch McConnell & Co. revived the AMT, they absentmindedly left it at its current rate of 20 percent, the same as the new, lower rate of the corporate income tax that the bill included. As a result, many companies won’t be able to use tax breaks that were supposed to be preserved in the legislation, including the extremely popular credit for research and development costs. Corporate accountants started freaking out about this over the weekend, but the situation reached high farce when a group of lawyers from Davis Polk pointed out that, by leaving the AMT intact, Republicans had essentially undermined their bill’s most important changes to the international tax code.

https://slate.com/business/2017/12/...usd260-billion-mistake-in-their-tax-bill.html

No shit, their fly-by-night secret bush league bill had major mistakes.

Back