• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

1506387629274.gif

FlawlessTanAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

Sahil Kapur
@sahilkapur
Mona Charen says at CPAC she's disappointed in Republicans for backing "credibly accused child molester" Roy Moore. "You cannot claim that you stand for women and put up with that."

Crowd member yells: "Not true! Not true! Not true!"

Smattering of boos and applause.

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur
1h
Yikes—CPAC panelist Mona Charen says there are people "sitting in the White House who brag about their extramarital affairs, who brag about mistreating women, and because he happens to have an 'R' by his name, we look the other way."

The crowd did not like that.

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur
1h
Mona Charen at CPAC torches Marion Le Pen: "The only reason she was here is she's named Le Pen. And the Le Pen name is a disgrace. Her grandfather is a racist and nazi. She claims she stands for him."

CROWD: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CHAREN: "The fact that CPAC invited her is a disgrace."

oh look, here's what the FBI told the Fisa court when they used the steele info:

DW1IO7aW4AEjowF.jpg:large

"THE FBI SPECULATES THAT THE IDENTIFIED U.S. PERSON WAS LIKELY LOOKING FOR INFORMATION THAT COULD BE USED TO DISCREDIT CANDIDATE #1'S CAMPAIGN"

Let's hope you don't try to ruin remembrance/veterans day with this nonsense.

Respectful observance of important historical dates involving the sacrifices of military members is fine. Rolling tanks down Pennsylvania avenue isn't.

This isn't ****ing hard.

Respectful observance of important historical dates involving the sacrifices of military members is fine. Rolling tanks down Pennsylvania avenue isn't.

This isn't ****ing hard.

The two will be combined, so you cannot shit on one without shitting on the other.

p.s. nunes and the gop blatantly and intentionally lied about what happened in fisa court in order to discredit the fbi.

p.s. nunes and the gop blatantly and intentionally lied about what happened in fisa court in order to discredit the fbi.

Yeah, we knew this weeks ago. It was always the plan and is completely in step with the entirely ridiculous smoke screen Nunes has been trying to run for months now, all of which has been embarrassing horseshit.

Well, best of luck. If you think comparing French and American soldiers in a parade to Russian and north Korean soldiers on parade you're off to a bad start, and it will only be more distasteful on remembrance/veterans day.

Well, best of luck. If you think comparing French and American soldiers in a parade to Russian and north Korean soldiers on parade you're off to a bad start, and it will only be more distasteful on remembrance/veterans day.

You realize that for the vast majority of US history, even ardent military hawks have agreed with my stance here?

Now disagreement with Trump has morphed into shitting on American soldiers? Get the **** out of here with this shit.

You realize that for the vast majority of US history, even ardent military hawks have agreed with my stance here?

Now disagreement with Trump has morphed into shitting on American soldiers? Get the **** out of here with this shit.

Disagree with trump all you want. Disagree with the parade all you want. I'm simply saying that comparing French(and the dozens of different countries France has invited to join in bastille day parades) and American soldiers in a military parade with north Korean and Russian soldiers on military parade is distasteful and it will be even more distasteful on remembrance/veterans day.

I trust you can find a way to tastefully voice your disagreement. Can't imagine how though. How do you seperate the parade trump holds for the soldiers and the soldiers themselves? You end you shitting on both.

Disagree with trump all you want. Disagree with the parade all you want. I'm simply saying that comparing French(and the dozens of different countries France has invited to join in bastille day parades) and American soldiers in a military parade with north Korean and Russian soldiers on military parade is distasteful and it will be even more distasteful on remembrance/veterans day.

I trust you can find a way to tastefully voice your disagreement. Can't imagine how though.

At least I'll be in good company:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/02/08/89-of-readers-say-no-parade/

As the Pentagon continues to work on parade options to present to President Donald Trump, an overwhelming number of Military Times readers have weighed in: Don’t have one.

The informal poll was launched Wednesday after news reports that Trump had requested a military parade and that the Pentagon was working on parade options for him.

As of Thursday afternoon, more than 51,000 readers had responded. The majority, 89 percent, responded “No, It’s a waste of money and troops are too busy.”

I would imagine that readers of the military times would tend to be a combination of pro military, active military, and ex military.

https://www.usnews.com/news/ken-wal...1/americans-opposed-to-trumps-military-parade
Rob O'Neill, the former Navy SEAL who says he killed terrorist Osama bin Laden during a raid in 2011, wrote on Twitter that Trump's idea for a military parade is "third world bulls---. We prepare. We deter. We fight. Stop this conversation."

About 65% of the American public doesn't see the need for it. If it was for a specific purpose (100 yr anniversary of the end of WW1 for example), then fill your boots. As an annual excuse for Trump to stand on a dais and have people in uniform solute him like the emperor of a banana republic he wants to be, **** off with that. It disgraces members of the armed forces because it's not for them. It's for dear leader, Commander in Chief Bone Spurs.

At least I'll be in good company:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/02/08/89-of-readers-say-no-parade/

I would imagine that readers of the military times would tend to be a combination of pro military, active military, and ex military.

https://www.usnews.com/news/ken-wal...1/americans-opposed-to-trumps-military-parade

About 65% of the American public doesn't see the need for it. If it was for a specific purpose (100 yr anniversary of the end of WW1 for example), then fill your boots. As an annual excuse for Trump to stand on a dais and have people in uniform solute him like the emperor of a banana republic he wants to be, **** off with that. It disgraces members of the armed forces because it's not for them. It's for dear leader, Commander in Chief Bone Spurs.

Hey, like I said, one doesn't need to agree with a parade. Disagree with the parade all you want. I'm simply saying good luck doing that and seperating the troops from that on remembrance/veterans day.

You're comparing soldiers of North Korea and Russian to American and French was a piss poor way of doing that, but you have a few months before November 11th to try and find a tasteful way to go about that.

Last edited:
You're comparing soldiers of North Korea and Russian to American and French

Except I've never done this. You're inferring that's what I meant when my argument from the onset has always been about the political motivation for the parade.

I'm not comparing US soldiers to North Koreans or Chinese soldiers. I'm comparing Trump to autocrats and dictators.

Back