• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Fanboy fight: XBox V Playstation

I did. I like it a lot better than NHL 16. With that said...its not a whole lot different. If you loved NHL 16 (I didn't) you're probably fine not buying 17.

I only buy a sports game once on a console. I habve not bought an NHL game since 17', so I think I'll pick this one up.

You said that the NHL series franchise is dead in the water and that it's too casual now. I'm not a gamer myself, so I'm curious as to what you meant by that.

No, I said the Battlefield franchise is dead in the water -- the hype for it will dissipate in a few months. As for NHL franchise, all I care about is getting a PC port for it. That's about it.

COD, Battlefield and a bunch of other shooters are too similar for my liking. Give me an Uncharted 4 style game and i'm a happy camper. The best game i've played in a decade.

I usually pick up the new NHL, NBA, FIFA every year on release as i preorder during the E3 sale to get the 20-30% discount.

Battlefield is nothing like any other shooter though?

Not sure what you mean. But when i say similar i'm talking about the multiplayer. One big level. A group of players running around shooting each other. Maybe i'm biased because i'm pretty shit at COD. The last multiplayer shooter i was good at was Gears for 360.

For me personally i'd rather a great story mode ala Uncharted 4. Too busy to play the hours required to be good online. A story mode i can play at my own pace without the frustration of being shit like in COD.

Not sure what you mean. But when i say similar i'm talking about the multiplayer. One big level. A group of players running around shooting each other. Maybe i'm biased because i'm pretty shit at COD. The last multiplayer shooter i was good at was Gears for 360.

For me personally i'd rather a great story mode ala Uncharted 4. Too busy to play the hours required to be good online. A story mode i can play at my own pace without the frustration of being shit like in COD.

What I mean is that large scale shooters like Battlefield can be counted by one hand: Battlefield, ARMA, and formerly Frontlines: Fuel of War (RIP). And of those three, they are all nothing alike. Call of Duty and CSGO are completely different genres too -- about the only similarity is that they have an arcade-like look. I played professionally in Battlefield 4, and I can tell you the game itself is completely different. Conquest mode is essentially THE Battlefield. It's the best of all modes when you break it down between CSGO and COD -- two shooters based on four on four or five on five. Conquest is based on 8 on 8 or 10 on 10. Since I played professionally, I got a good sense from some of the developers that the problem has always been the implementation and education of Conquest to the casual player-base. And it makes sense because DICE really did fail to characterize the game in a fluid and understandable manner. Not everyone has time to read through the notes, the quirks, the characteristics of weapons, vehicles, etc. You mentioned that it's just "one big level and a group of players running around shooter each other'. The problem with that view is that you're simplifying what is supposed to be a very complex shooter. It takes months, sometimes years of practice to organize a competitive team -- it takes even longer to develop a winning team. It's been casualized a lot, but it's still very complex at the highest level.

Here's a link to the last competitive match I played. This was approximately four and a half months ago. You'll know who I am when you see it. I finished MVP in both Paracel rounds -- we went to overtime in Zavod and won handily. It sent us to the finals, but we lost. I wasn't able to play due to work commitments and I've since quit gaming pretty much.

Last edited:
COD, Battlefield and a bunch of other shooters are too similar for my liking. Give me an Uncharted 4 style game and i'm a happy camper. The best game i've played in a decade.

I usually pick up the new NHL, NBA, FIFA every year on release as i preorder during the E3 sale to get the 20-30% discount.

Uncharted 4 styles of game have little to no replay value. At least for me. I loved uncharted 4, loved the characters & the story was great. The second I beat this game though was it for me. Have no desire to do that all again...

That's why I like Star Wars Battlefront better than most do. I'm sick of the same COD/Battlefield crap. This felt different. And I could actually beat those little ****ers online.

That's why I like Star Wars Battlefront better than most do. I'm sick of the same COD/Battlefield crap. This felt different. And I could actually beat those little ****ers online.

Yep. I really liked that as well...as a noob FPS player.

Well Battlefront basically neutralized all the recoil and some of the spread. So the gun play is very basic -- so it makes sense if you're just looking to blow off an hour or two.

Well Battlefront basically neutralized all the recoil and some of the spread. So the gun play is very basic -- so it makes sense if you're just looking to blow off an hour or two.

it was the other various game types that made it fun

being darth vader, etc

Yea, I can see the appeal for some players. I was going to get it once I had a chance to read the reviews, and didn't like what I was seeing or reading. Oh well. I'm very picky haha

I haven't played in a month because September was nuts and I had my trip, will jump back in tonight still haven't played Eichenwald yet.

Back