• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Fanboy fight: XBox V Playstation

And that is the same reason the NES and SNES throwbacks sell like hotcakes. Not because they are innovative, but because they are filled with great games people love playing.

I love how repackaging 30 year old tech is somehow innovative. Someone should tell Honda or Ford or blackberry to try that. Start selling 1997 civics for nostalgic value and make bank. Start winning the auto sales.

ME are u sure u wanna be on the same side of an argument as this guy?

Bionic_Commando.png

When did gaming become all about hardware and no longer about games?

I am not as big into gaming as I used to be, but why wouldn't a gamer want to play the GOTY? I stole my bros PS3 just to play Last of Us.

Doesn't make sense to pick sides for no reason and miss out on great games. To me that is the whole point of gaming.

Any gamer should play Zelda. I played Zelda on the WiiU. Great game, highly recommend it. I just figured out that I can use my PS4 controller on my PS3 and now I'm making up for lost time in Skyrim. Probably going to play some of the older AC games while I'm taking a break from my PS4.

There are some games that can overcome the deficiencies in hardware and still be great games. Zelda definitely qualifies there. GOTY by all means. But it's the exception, not the rule for me. There are some awesome games coming out for Sony and MS, and they are visually stunning, have solid gameplay and will be must owns.

Looking at this year alone, the new Assassins Creed, For Honor, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Destiny2, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mass Effect, Uncharted, All of the sports games, Tekken 7, Red Dead Redemption 2, a new uncharted, Crackdown 3, Gran Turismo Sport, Ark Survival Evolved,Kingdom Come Deliverance , crossout , COD MW unbundled, BF1 with still more DLC on the way, most of these are killer games in their own right.

Yet I'm not here on a daily basis talking up these games, or how great a time I'm having with these titles or how much I'm looking forward to them, or how Sony is going to WIN CHRISTMAS!

And you're extremely annoying.

I'm a sony fanboy, but you don't hear me talking about every awesome ps4 game. I'm not talking about how awesome the ps4 is, and how it's killing it in console sales. You don't see me talking about the amazing games coming out this year for PS4.

Meanwhile, you've managed to turn this thread into the Nintendo/switch/zelda zone.

So ya, make sure to wipe your mouth when you're done blowing Nintendo.

do not be so insecure

sony isn't going anywhere

you should talk about sony - seems the only time you comment is to be anti nintendo - would be nice to hear you be positive about something

most of us play multiple systems

give overwatch a go if you have not already

Maybe people here don't care about repackaged 25-30 yr old technology? How many times can they repackage retro before Sony comes out with a new generation console? Maybe kinda sorta edging out Sony when Sony is still making bank on a 4 year old console isn't exactly impressive?

luckily for some of us we can have more than one system

When did gaming become all about hardware and no longer about games?

I am not as big into gaming as I used to be, but why wouldn't a gamer want to play the GOTY? I stole my bros PS3 just to play Last of Us.

Doesn't make sense to pick sides for no reason and miss out on great games. To me that is the whole point of gaming.

like i have said numerous times
if you want to go hardware you better have a gaming PC

ya - as somebody that owns pretty much all the systems (oddly enough never the NES or SNES)
only system of the last 4 generations i do not have is the xbone - and i will probably get that when that pirate game comes out

Yet I'm not here on a daily basis talking up these games, or how great a time I'm having with these titles or how much I'm looking forward to them, or how Sony is going to WIN CHRISTMAS!

Outside of Battlefront 2 and Destiny 2 (both pre ordered) anything interesting xbone/ps4 have coming the rest of this year?

Lots of people own two main consoles these days one Sony or MS and one Nintendo...because their 1st party titles are second to none.

I love how repackaging 30 year old tech is somehow innovative. Someone should tell Honda or Ford or blackberry to try that. Start selling 1997 civics for nostalgic value and make bank. Start winning the auto sales.

So much this. Nobody should ever want a 68 Mustang, when they can simply buy a new car which has all the modern upgrades.

Lots of people own two main consoles these days one Sony or MS and one Nintendo...because their 1st party titles are second to none.

It's really the biggest thing that's actually why I don't have any consoles.

I want the Nintendo/Switch because I want to play their games, but I also want the modern power and performance of the PS/XB system. So I end up with neither.

The retro NES/SNES are neat, but I wish they could have included a few other games. Like, if the retro NES had Blades of Steel, or the retro SNES had like NHL96 included, I'd totally buy those. It's still tempting for like 100 bucks or whatever it will cost.

I will get an SNES if I can because it was the only Nintendo console I never owned. I have a working NES and an N64. May need to reinvest in a GameCube at some point.

I will get an SNES if I can because it was the only Nintendo console I never owned. I have a working NES and an N64. May need to reinvest in a GameCube at some point.

lol
ugh

if you hear of a pre order - let me know

i am out of town the day it is released (in Jasper and I dont think they have video game stores there)

I prefer PC gaming.

Things have leveled off, it's easier to stay up to date than it was even 5 years ago, though I guess it still takes money. My son left me his 360, and I play on my tablet a lot.
There's a lot of crap geared towards stealing your money in the app world, but there are also some incredible games that you could only come up with for a tablet/phone.

Badlands and Monument are two that spring to mind...though I'm sucked into Clash Royale right now.

I play boom beach.

I loved Bionic Commando.

And it's Monument Valley, you should check it out. Escher-like puzzle-platform idea, brilliant.

Last edited:
I've been waste deep into Persona 5, it's such a fantastically made game. JRPG, Life Sim, Anime, Visual Novel, all in one game. And you can get lost on the Ginza Line just like I did in real life...

I don't understand the need to defend one company and trash the other as if they are sports teams.

Is there some reason why you can't have both a nintendo console and a playstation? Why the blind loyalty to one over the other. Seems really stupid from here.

I don't understand the need to defend one company and trash the other as if they are sports teams.

Is there some reason why you can't have both a nintendo console and a playstation? Why the blind loyalty to one over the other. Seems really stupid from here.

same thing as politics?

it is like saying you cant watch baseball if you are a hockey fan
or that you cannot watch the world juniors because it is not the NHL

Back