• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Fanboy fight: XBox V Playstation

gears of war? /shrug

i think sea of thieves is going to be xbox only..... i might buy an xbox just for that

Anybody into some tough puzzle solving, give Opus Magnum a try.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/12/14/opus-magnum-review

It's a blend of Contraptions or The Incredible Machine with lots of ways to accomplish a task, but not very much information on how to do it.
Seriously, if you think you are smart, give this a look.

You probably need to like coding, but I've never come across something so challenging and rewarding. I actually felt giddy when I managed to solve one of the first two or three puzzles after the tutorial.

It's not that the puzzles are impossible, it's that even after you've solved it you can go online and see all the different and sometimes better ways others have done it. There's always a faster, more efficient or smaller machine to try.

Last edited:
I always defended the First Battlefront and loved it. Battlefront 2 is much worse. It could have just been a download on the first game.

This is another puzzler, with maybe the most unique idea I've ever come across.
It is a trippy game.
The gameplay starts about 40 seconds in, gives you an idea of the mechanics.
It is a mind**** at times, and probably less than 10-15 hours?
[video=youtube;xtZVVW17oCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtZVVW17oCY[/video]

EA is a shit gaming company.

It was like a few years ago when they would charge people money to add accuracy and power to their slaps shots and wrist shots, speed to their skating, ect, and if you didn't pay you would need to grind it out for 2 months doing stupid tasks.

They almost killed the NHL franchise right there with their utter stupidity with trying to monetize shit. With HUT and FUT they have finally found a way to do it without completely antagonizing the playerbase, but now they are trying to bring that approach over to shooters. Serves them right that it blew up in their faces.

Yeah...what happened to actually making money from selling a video game? I understand charging more for DLC, that shit wasn't included in the game I purchased but when you're charging money for actual functionality that should be included in the game? **** off.

I love that type of game, but I'm waiting to see how they flesh out the world, how similar the quests are...blah blah.

If they are creating an open world where you can trade, possibly own ports, at least some type of business...because as cool as it looks, after a hundred hours or so, the sea battles could still get boring.

Looks promising though.

curious how it plays out
the MMOish games i have got into recently have been massive MASSIVE flops like destiny 2

No I didn't play Deckie, but I got sucked into reading all about it, specifically, when this happened.
https://www.wired.com/2014/02/eve-online-battle-of-b-r/

(the 2014 battle that cost players 300 k...)

I knew I could never devote enough time to playing, but I got hooked on on it anyways.

Ah. Yeah, I played for about 5 years in one of the bigger Alliances. Was a huge time sink, but there were some cool moments and accomplishments. I miss it, but definitely don't have the time any more. I sold off my characters for nearly $1K a while back.

So after careful consideration, I have decided that the battlefield series is as dead to me as the CoD series is.

That.

Trailer.

Was.

****ing.

GARBAGE.

Its WW2. The most iconic war in history. Some of the best movies, best mini series, books, tv shows were made about WW2. Almost everyone has an idea of what WW2 is in their head, from saving private Ryan, from band of brothers, from the Pacific, battlefield 1942,MoH, ect...

And Dice, in their infinite stupidity, decided that a soldier has a robotic arm, nobody wears a uniform, that you can shoot grenades out of the air, everyone has blue face paint and murder was committed with a cricket bat.

Now I don't care about women in a game more than I cared about black German snipers in WW1 in BF1, which is to say, not at all.

But robotic arms? Trench coats? Are you ****ing kidding me? A steam punk fortnite ww2 game... Another franchise bites the dust.

Goddammit.

Last edited:
Back