• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: March Madness

I hate it when organizations like the NCAA tries to act holier than thou.....but it's ok to make so much money off the backs of kids

As if getting a lap dance would be the difference maker between signing with Louisville or another school for example.

I've lived in Louisville for many years, you don't pick that school because of it's night life, you pick it because the infrastructure is top notch for anything related to sports.

Most top CBB guys now pick which will be the easiest to be a 1 and done.

I agree that the lap dance argument is bogus. Louisville should refuse to take down the banner, it won the championship. It should tell the NCAA to suck Pitino's dick.

Most top CBB guys now pick which will be the easiest to be a 1 and done.

I agree that the lap dance argument is bogus. Louisville should refuse to take down the banner, it won the championship. It should tell the NCAA to suck Pitino's dick.

NCAA wouldn't be the first to suck Pitino's dick...

All you're doing is arguing about is which school is better at cheating than another and about whether the NCAA is able to apply its own rules fairly across the board or whether some schools by virtue of their stature and the money they bring in are "too big to fail". But at the end of the day it's not about college athletics. It's about how schools sell out their academic integrity and ethics (things they are supposed to instill in their students by example) for money and prestige.

College athletics in the form of so-called "big time" NCAA football and basketball is a corrosive and corrupting influence on the schools that participate in and perpetuate the system. The Ivy League schools recognized this decades ago and pulled themselves out of the machinery. They realized that their stature came from being great institutes of higher learning, not from winning games on the football field or the basketball court. But for every Harvard or Dartmouth there are ten or more "South-East Bumblefuk State's" who's entire identity is based on how many games their football or basketball team wins every year.

But then again, we now live in a world where curling is not only an Olympic sport but also a sport in which some of the competitors get caught taking steroids. There is no depth to which people and institutions will not sink in order to chase after money and fame. It's just a shame that universities allow themselves to wallow in the NCAA cesspit.

I just think it is stupid for anyone to say UNC or Louisville or anyone else cheated when CBB allows the one and done to exist.

The NBA says you must be one full year out of high school to go into the NBA draft so the one and done began. Players go to Dook, Kentucky etc just to kill time for a year. Ben Simmons never wanted to go to school at LSU but was forced. Under NCAA rules, he only had to take 2 courses in the first term and because he was a one and done, he didn't have to take any classes in the last semester of school. Dook is full of one and dones now yet it acts like it is a university of higher learning. Calishady sells his program on getting you ready for the NBA.

That is why UNC said **** you re the investigation. The classes were approved by the University for all students (and face it, we all took the easy courses if possibly in Univ, I took Geophysics and Astronomy 310 as I needed an upper level science course to qualify for my History degree. On the Astronomy side, one question on the exam was name all nine planets in order.) UNC said, the NCAA has no business sticking its nose in what courses a university says you can take to graduate especially when said course is available to anyone who wants to take it. UNC was right.

Last edited:
I just think it is stupid for anyone to say UNC or Louisville or anyone else cheated when CBB allows the one and done to exist.

The NBA says you must be one full year out of high school to go into the NBA draft so the one and done began. Players go to Dook, Kentucky etc just to kill time for a year. Ben Simmons never wanted to go to school at LSU but was forced. Under NCAA rules, he only had to take 2 courses in the first term and because he was a one and done, he didn't have to take any classes in the last semester of school. Dook is full of one and dones now yet it acts like it is a university of higher learning. Calishady sells his program on getting you ready for the NBA.

That is why UNC said **** you re the investigation. The classes were approved by the University for all students (and face it, we all took the easy courses if possibly in Univ, I took Geophysics and Astronomy 310 as I needed an upper level science course to qualify for my History degree. On the Astronomy side, one question on the exam was name all nine planets in order.) UNC said, the NCAA has no business sticking its nose in what courses a university says you can take to graduate especially when said course is available to anyone who wants to take it. UNC was right.

Don't blame the NBA. And NCAA regs aren't relevant here either. Each school has the power to choose to make their courses academically rigorous or not. They choose to have these underwater basket weaving courses specifically to skirt the NCAA eligibility rules. And every time they do this they sell a piece of their soul and their integrity. They are voluntarily making fools of themselves and turning their institutions into clown colleges just for the sake of being able to recruit football and basketball players who couldn't spell the word "cat" if you spotted them the "c" and the "t". The fact that most of the basketballers they recruit wind up being one and done's only makes what they're doing even more idiotic. Extremely short term gain(and no guarantee of success) for assured long term pain. It's moronic, immoral and a repudiation of what a university is supposed to be about.

Come on Wehave, you took easy courses at Concordia too. We all take them.

How dare you impugn the integrity of courses like "The History of Sport and Leisure in Canada" or "Introduction to Film Noir".

anyway, that's beside the point. I had to qualify academically to get into university. Most so-called "student-athletes" can't read or write well enough to fill out a college application form.

Seems to me the FBI has bigger fish to fry, like say the US President or school shooters, but why not, go after agents and college boys...

Seems to me the FBI has bigger fish to fry, like say the US President or school shooters, but why not, go after agents and college boys...

Yeah, pretty sure that the FBI has enough spare agents lying around to do more than one case at a time. They can probably get indictments against the agents and college boys done before lunch time.

Yeah, pretty sure that the FBI has enough spare agents lying around to do more than one case at a time. They can probably get indictments against the agents and college boys done before lunch time.

You obviously missed the point, why are they spending time on this stuff when real crimes are being committed?

You obviously missed the point, why are they spending time on this stuff when real crimes are being committed?

A crime is being committed here too. The only reason to circumvent rules is to illegally gain some tangible benefit and whenever it involves player agents you can be sure that the tangible benefit in question is money. Lots and lots of money.

Wire fraud. Bribery. Pretty sure that’s FBI mandate, just like for those FIFA gangsters.

Den of vipers, I tells ya. If I had to guess, they might uncover some nasty gambling shit too.

Yeah, watching one's husband or boyfriend put a dent in the couch for four straight days watching Hillbilly State play Double-Wide A&M must be every wife or girlfriend's wet dream.

Back