• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: March Madness

With or lose at least a degree from Villanova is worth the paper it's printed on. That's something for those Tar Heels players who don't go on to have an NBA career can spend the rest of their lives pondering while they pump gas for a living. #acadenicfraud

I laugh how someone who went to Concordia yaps about academic issues at one of the top public schools in the USA.

Anyway, does anyone really watch college sports and care if the players go to class or not? If that were the case, we would all cheer for Ivy League schools, the only ones who truly care about academics.

Hell even Dook sees most of their athletes take sociology or other crap majors to remain eligible. I remember that amazing degree Shane Battier got, really useful, "Religious Studies".

Before you respond with Dook being a real academic school, overall yes, getting a degree there is a sure fire ticket to success but Krezewski has sold his soul to the One and Done devil (pun intended) and now has had four players come in the last two years and leave after a year, that after Austen Rivers, and Kyrie Irving before. Apparently one and done players have to take six credit hours in the fall and none in the spring. They are students in name only.

Yes UNC has had them too, namely, Marvin Williams, but for the most part, UNC is not a one and done school like UK or Dook.

Before you respond with Dook being a real academic school, overall yes, getting a degree there is a sure fire ticket to success but Krezewski has sold his soul to the One and Done devil (pun intended) and now has had four players come in the last two years and leave after a year, that after Austen Rivers, and Kyrie Irving before. Apparently one and done players have to take six credit hours in the fall and none in the spring. They are students in name only.

Yes UNC has had them too, namely, Marvin Williams, but for the most part, UNC is not a one and done school like UK or Dook.

No, UNC isn't a one and done university... they just fix the grades for their athletes.

I'm sure it is, but what a university is to the general population and what it is to the football and basketball stars are two different things.

Well yeah, it's basically grade 13 for those guys . . . but no one cares . . . as long as they win.

I do laugh at Wehave trolling here on FB calling UNC chokers like Luongo and Romo etc. Guess he doesn't follow bball because if he did, he would know Nova had been #1 during season, would have been one seed if didn't lose to Seton Hall in Big East Tourn and was arguably the best shooting team in Div 1 etc.

Funnier though is him acting like he cares about athletes actually being students. He is a win at all costs guy.

I do laugh at Wehave trolling here on FB calling UNC chokers like Luongo and Romo etc. Guess he doesn't follow bball because if he did, he would know Nova had been #1 during season, would have been one seed if didn't lose to Seton Hall in Big East Tourn and was arguably the best shooting team in Div 1 etc.

Funnier though is him acting like he cares about athletes actually being students. He is a win at all costs guy.

Not as funny as you extolling the virtues of North Carolina's academics when it comes to student athletes while taking shots at Duke; and totally forgetting that North Carolina is currently involved in the biggest academic fraud scandal in the history of the NCAA.

I'm not a win at all costs guy when it comes to college sports and the reason why I don't follow NCAA football or basketball anymore is because I think it's immoral. I won't feed the beast by watching it.

Why do we have scandals like this latest academic fraud case at UNC? Those paper classes were invented for one reason: to artificially inflate the GPA'S of the football and basketball players in order to keep them eligible to play under NCAA rules. And why was that important? To keep the revenue stream open. So in the end student athletes were pimped out like whores in order to make money for the school athletics department. They don't get paid and 99% of them will never make a living in the pros. They'll just be forgotten and the conveyor belt will supply a new crop of exploitable players the following year.

Not for me, thanks. I'd be fine with a total ban on college athletics as currently constituted. I can't do that but I can ban it from my life as a sports fan which I've done. I've not watched a college football or basketball game in its entirety for years. I don't miss it.

You do realize that all students could take those classes right?

As for the exploitation argument, that view does have merit. However, that won't change.

They had the ball last and won.

Was a badly reffed game. Unfortunately, TSN picked up McDonough and Dookie Vitale and not Nantz but even Dookie had issues with refereeing.

Refs weren't up to the standard of the players.

Back