• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: MLB Thread

Montrealers don't have a team now, and at least Toronto has reached out and gone for the preseason games in Montreal the last few years.

I could obviously never cheer for the Leafs, and I will still tell people I'm an Expos fan first, but I think we've gotten to the point where you can't be upset with people in Montreal cheering for the Jays. I do think that if and when Montreal gets a team back, that's going to cause some weird feelings in people. I mean, I haven't lived in Montreal for over 20 years but will obviously support them. But would I support them ahead of the Jays? I honestly don't know.

Being upset about how other people feel about sports is just silly.

Oh, I'm not upset at all. It's been nice drinking the tears of blue jays fans all year and see people who wouldn't shut up about them suddenly never talk baseball at all.

It's been a wonderful year.

Montrealers don't have a team now, and at least Toronto has reached out and gone for the preseason games in Montreal the last few years.

I could obviously never cheer for the Leafs, and I will still tell people I'm an Expos fan first, but I think we've gotten to the point where you can't be upset with people in Montreal cheering for the Jays. I do think that if and when Montreal gets a team back, that's going to cause some weird feelings in people. I mean, I haven't lived in Montreal for over 20 years but will obviously support them. But would I support them ahead of the Jays? I honestly don't know.

I had no problem cheering for both, simply because they were in different leagues, and I would hope that, that scenario remains the same. Now if they were in the same league or worst, same division, ouch!!

Something about waking up to discover the vulture's team has lost in the NLDS yet again that puts a smile on my face.

The Expos curse lives on!! :)

Have a soft spot for the Cubs ever since I was in Chicago earlier this year, what a great town, I got a nice souvenir championship bag (that I managed to break after 1 month, but still)...

game totals are not going to be reduced and no way they go to 8 team divisions

Portland also cannot support an MLB team, the city is too small

Back