• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Is anybody clear where the Klingon Wars canon fits into this? (more than one war yes?), or just in general, how does Discovery work within the canonical universe?

Right off the bat, the Klingons do not look like any iteration we've seen. Do you guys feel like they are trying to fit it in? I don't really think they are.
It seems to me like they're not even really making any attempt to explain why the Klingons on Discovery look different than they have in any other iteration.

And really, although I'm still not a big fan of the re-design, I think that's the right approach.

I'd rather just suspend my disbelief than have the writers be forced to come up with some ham-fisted, in-universe explanation for the budgetary and technological restraints the previous versions of Star Trek faced when it came to designing the various alien species that appeared on those shows.

Yeah, I'm okay with that.
They have mentioned different captains from Tos and, I think TNG...so Klingons aside they are in the same universe...I'm just trying to see where they might be going with this Klingon War.

Yeah, is a great reboot. Love where they're going with it, making the federation the underdogs. Give it a rebel feel. Giorgiou offering to show them how to beat the Klingons. So much awesomeness.

Anyone else think that Lorca isn't done? Almost looked like a transporter halo when he bought it.

Yeah, is a great reboot. Love where they're going with it, making the federation the underdogs. Give it a rebel feel. Giorgiou offering to show them how to beat the Klingons. So much awesomeness.

Anyone else think that Lorca isn't done? Almost looked like a transporter halo when he bought it.
Yeah, I think he'll be back, one way or another.

Mirror Lorca might not be gone for good, because they did make a point of saying in the previous episode that nothing in the spore network is truly gone. And yeah, the way it looked, he might not have been killed so much as been absorbed into the network. It's also curious that they backed out of "killing" the mirror Stamets the same way.

And then the prime universe version of Lorca might still be out there somewhere too. He would have swapped places with the mirror version when he came over to the main universe, and then he was never definitively caught or captured after that, since the story in the mirror universe was that Lorca was presumed to have escaped.

If they mess with time that's one thing...but I hope Terran Lorca is truly dead...can't always use these ridiculous plot devices just because you can...but I'm all for checking out our Lorca.
We know he had issues so I'm sure he'll be along at some point to throw another broken capacitor into the quantum flux.

What do you guys watch shows on nowadays? Kodi seems to be dying as all the repos i've used previously are useless.

I have iptv but it doesn't have the selection that certain kodi repos had previously.

The best show that hasn't become "cool" to watch yet... This Is Us.

It's the first TV drama I've ever gotten into. I mean not counting mystery or action type shows like Sherlock or Breaking bad. This is flat out a drama. It's incredibly written and acted though. The character development has been incredible. Just great storytelling.

Yeah, I'm a couple episodes into Altered Carbon.

I'm not sure how I feel about the series yet, but I've liked the episodes I've seen so far enough that I'll keep watching.

Only thing is, and I rarely complain about violence and nudity, but there's just excessive of both in AC ... and for no good reason either.

Only thing is, and I rarely complain about violence and nudity, but there's just excessive of both in AC ... and for no good reason either.

So, the author definitely had sex in the story...lots of it, and I just finished reading Altered Carbon again...it's incredibly violent. I was wondering how far they'd go on TV...cause he goes pretty damn far in the books.

The best show that hasn't become "cool" to watch yet... This Is Us.

It's the first TV drama I've ever gotten into. I mean not counting mystery or action type shows like Sherlock or Breaking bad. This is flat out a drama. It's incredibly written and acted though. The character development has been incredible. Just great storytelling.

I would never admit it watching that show. I certainly would never admit that I teared up. That definitely never happened.

Back