• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

Record only effects 2 games on the schedule... the other 14 were decided regardless of record. They will play 2 other first place teams from the NFC last year, where as this year they played 2 fourth place teams from 2015.

HOME: NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, LA Rams, Seattle, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Green Bay
AWAY: NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, San Francisco, Denver, Oakland, Atlanta

The two bolded games are the only ones determined by their place in the standings.

With a 13-2 record, Dallas will have a tougher schedule next year.
You keep repeating the same thing year after year so I will explain it again.

Only two games are determined by your record/place in division. Fourteen games are predetermined. We play six division games, four against AFC West, four against NFC West, we get Green Bay at home and are away to Atlanta. Only the Green Bay and Atlanta games are based on position.

It has been that way since 2002.

You are harkening back to then 70s-90s where there were different schedules depending. Not anymore.

Yup, everyone hates the Cowboys....

**** that team, and **** Jerry Jones.

Many people hate the Cowboys, just as many people hate the Habs.

Many people hate the Patriots.

Many people hate Manchester United.

Many people hate Canada in Hockey.

Many people hate Donald Trump.

Many people hate Star Wars because Star Trek is better.

All I know is that the Cowboys will be around contending for the next decade and I am very comfortable they will win one or two SB's with Dak and Zeke at the helm.

While I'm disappointed in the end result, I'm not left feeling like crap.

It took an all time great throw by an all time great QB to take the Cowboys out. Shit, I can live with that.

I fully expect them to go defense heavy in the draft, but then again I expected them to do that last year too.

Speaking of drafts, the Cowboys had one of the all time great drafts of any team ever last year. Franchise QB in Dak, franchise RB in Zeke, starting corner in Brown, starting DT in Collins, and if Jaylon Smith's knee heals up and he returns to be player he was prior to his injury? Woooeee.
Same here... despite having to throw out my $800 SB bet on the Cowboys I am quite happy with how they played. The comeback was epic and speaks wonderfully to the future with Dak. They made a few mistakes (penalties, brutal INT and few strange offensive calls from OC) but it took Rodgers at his best to pull it out and that was what I expected would happen.

Props to Rodgers... the way he throws with such ease is scary. His O-Line is pretty damn good too... amazing at how well he is protected until the final quarter when the 'Boys started to wear them down a little.

No complaints here.

Because Garrett's a moron?

to use a Krustism, he can't be, he went to Princeton.

In fairness, we only had one timeout and given how we lost the first game when time ran out, I understand wanting to keep the last timeout for the FG. There was not a real need to spike the ball with 42 to go, but at the same time, he wanted the TD, not just a tying FG. I was more upset with throwing on 3rd down, although it took a good defensive play to prevent the pass from getting to Dez who was open across the middle around the 20. I would have preferred running the ball with Zeke, force the Packers to take one of their two time outs if they so desired (although they ended the game with one anyway so it didn't make a difference in that regard). Normally, kicking away with 35 seconds to go isn't bad. Hell, worse could be kicking to the end zone as no time came off. Would have been better to place it at the 5 or so and make GB run it back. Even if get to 25, they burn 6-7 seconds.

In the end, there were bad calls, non calls on both sides, but the PI prior to the first GB FG was brutal. First, it was not PI, at worst illegal contact as Rodgers hadn't thrown the ball yet. Second, he was out of the pocket so there could be no illegal contact. Even if I'm wrong re PI, the ball was badly overthrown, it was uncatchable.

In the end though, great season by us after a 4-12 season last year and the way Romo went out in preseason, Dez was hurt, our d was decimated early in the season injury wise etc.

We are clearly the class of the NFC East and a rising team. Likely take a step back to 11-5 or 10-6 next year but we have the best QB in the division, best RB in the division, best WR in the division and best OL. We are set up nicely for the next couple of years at least.

We'll see. Still not sold on local boy Matty in big games.

he is 2-4 in the playoffs but allegedly is a great playoff performer according to John Lynch. He melts when it counts usually.

No one is beating Darth Hoodie this year though. Brady can go out as SB champ and retire with the most SB wins of any QB.

Are you really complaining about a PI call, when twice the Cowboys DB ripped Devante Adams out of his shirt with no calls?

There were missed calls both ways, don't think they effected the outcome.

Are you really complaining about a PI call, when twice the Cowboys DB ripped Devante Adams out of his shirt with no calls?

There were missed calls both ways, don't think they effected the outcome.

you beat me with that, In fact the missed interference on the Gb wr's were so much more flagrant...yet of course no one mentions them since they won the game

you beat me with that, In fact the missed interference on the Gb wr's were so much more flagrant...yet of course no one mentions them since they won the game
Were they more flagrant than Witten being tackled at the end of the first half? I think not.

Back