• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

I'm pretty sure you were posting to everyone who would listen that he was a member of a white supremacist group.

He wasn't. You didn't correct that.

Now you don't need to apologize. But it's hypocritical to bash a bunch of right wing reporters for jumping on the "it was a muslim" hate train when they were doing so off of faulty information, same as you.

Actually I did post the new information as it was made public.

but, again, the fact that the leader of that White Nationalist group lied doesn't change what Cruz was - and what we already knew him to be via his postings at that time.

unlike this situation.

Someone asked about Jordan Peterson earlier.

This interview touches on some of his view points but is also a masterclass in winning a debate and most of all, it's riveting television.

[video=youtube;aMcjxSThD54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54[/video]

This guy is a buffoon.

Yeah, since when was Cruz having white supremacist views (which I'm pretty sure...makes you a white supremacist) something that's since been debunked?

Wasn't a whole bunch of Nazi/racist/white supremacist regalia also discovered among his personal effects?
He had white supremacist views, but he wasn't a part of a white supremacist group. He didn't attend their meetings, never met with their members, didn't receive any training.

That part was debunked. Notice that zeke never mentioned that part. Yet he still posts about right wing journalists doing exactly what he himself did, jump on inaccurate information and made no attempt to correct the record when the new information didn't suit their narrative.

Now Zeke isn't a professional reporter, although I would be hesitant to say that Breitbart, infowars, the rebel, are professionals, but he in essence did the exact same thing.

Actually I did post the new information as it was made public.

but, again, the fact that the leader of that White Nationalist group lied doesn't change what Cruz was - and what we already knew him to be via his postings at that time.

unlike this situation.
When did you do that? I must have missed it.

He had white supremacist views, but he wasn't a part of a white supremacist group. He didn't attend their meetings, never met with their members, didn't receive any training.

That part was debunked. Notice that zeke never mentioned that part. Yet he still posts about right wing journalists doing exactly what he himself did, jump on inaccurate information and made no attempt to correct the record when the new information didn't suit their narrative.

Now Zeke isn't a professional reporter, although I would be hesitant to say that Breitbart, infowars, the rebel, are professionals, but he in essence did the exact same thing.

you try so hard....but collecting a whole bunch of falsehoods together like this is no way to have an argument.

Do you know much about his history? About his stances on transgender issues? How he's essentially a men's rights activist (almost alt-right)? How he's pretty much targeting the anger of the far right to gain income through his YouTube lectures?

You should probably learn more about him.

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/
To be clear, Jordan Peterson is not a neo-Nazi, but there’s a reason he’s as popular as he is on the alt-right. You’ll never hear him use the phrase “We must secure a future for our white children”; what you will hear him say is that, while there does appear to be a causal relationship between empowering women and economic growth, we have to consider whether this is good for society, “‘’cause the birth rate is plummeting.” He doesn’t call for a “white ethnostate,” but he does retweet Daily Caller articles with opening lines like: “Yet again an American city is being torn apart by black rioters.” He has dedicated two-and-a-half-hour-long YouTube videos to “identity politics and the Marxist lie of white privilege.”

Last edited:
This is a hell of false equivalency I'm seeing here.

Being wrong about an actual white supremacist not being part of a white supremacist organization after the leader of a white supremacist organization lied and claimed him as one of their own is the same as jumping to the conclusion that an attacker is Muslim?

In one case we have eye witness reports of a guy being "wide eyed and middle eastern-ish looking" getting turned into "MUSLIM!!!" by the right wing media. on the other we have a kid with white supremacist views (supported by a pile of online posting) with someone claiming that the kid was "brought up" within his white supremacist organization and had trained with them on numerous occasions.

These "jumps" are supposed to be even remotely equivalent? One is based on some form of actual evidence. The other is based on one dude interviewed by CP-24 right after the incident saying "middle easternish looking".

Do you know much about his history? About his stances on transgender issues? How he's essentially a men's rights activist (tittering on alt-right)? How he's pretty much targeting the far right to gain income through his YouTube lectures?

Mens rights isn't a inherently dirty term.

For example, mens rights groups that focus on allowing men visitation rights to see their kids in divorce cases. Mens groups that try to address why young men are doing so poorly in school. Neither of these are bad per se.

Peterson is the more respectable face of mens rights, and he advocates for a common sense mens rights, not a put the women back in their place mens rights.

This is a hell of false equivalency I'm seeing here.

Being wrong about an actual white supremacist not being part of a white supremacist organization after the leader of a white supremacist organization lied and claimed him as one of their own is the same as jumping to the conclusion that an attacker is Muslim?

In one case we have eye witness reports of a guy being "wide eyed and middle eastern-ish looking" getting turned into "MUSLIM!!!" by the right wing media. on the other we have a kid with white supremacist views (supported by a pile of online posting) with someone claiming that the kid was "brought up" within his white supremacist organization and had trained with them on numerous occasions.

These "jumps" are supposed to be even remotely equivalent? One is based on some form of actual evidence. The other is based on one dude interviewed by CP-24 right after the incident saying "middle easternish looking".

We all knew this was going to happen. People want to believe something, and won't let it go. It's the society we live in now.

Do you know much about his history? About his stances on transgender issues? How he's essentially a men's rights activist (almost alt-right)? How he's pretty much targeting the anger of the far right to gain income through his YouTube lectures?

The amount of spinning it takes, to make the words he actual speaks, become the words his critics really wish he was speaking, is ****ing astounding.

Almost every criticism I see aimed at him is due to him being willing to entertain ideas that are outside the thought bubble of acceptable progressive thought.

Mens rights isn't a inherently dirty term.

For example, mens rights groups that focus on allowing men visitation rights to see their kids in divorce cases. Mens groups that try to address why young men are doing so poorly in school. Neither of these are bad per se.

Peterson is the more respectable face of mens rights, and he advocates for a common sense mens rights, not a put the women back in their place mens rights.

Never said "men's groups are bad," but we are talking about Peterson and his targets.

Last edited:
The amount of spinning it takes, to make the words he actual speaks, become the words his critics really wish he was speaking, is ****ing astounding.

Almost every criticism I see aimed at him is due to him being willing to entertain ideas that are outside the thought bubble of acceptable progressive thought.

Hence he's extremely popular with the alt-right.

Being popular with the alt-right doesn't make Peterson alt-right. I don't really think he is a mens-rights activist either.

He is more of a free speech activists fighting against coopting of language by certain groups in the face of scientific facts.

Now he does make some points that are kinda crazy, and lines of arguments I wouldn't agree with. But grouping him with the far right is the exact thing he is fighting against.

Hence he's extremely popular with the alt-right.

But doesn't associate with the alt right, nor champion for them, etc.

I agree with Peterson that we shouldn't be legally forced to use whatever pronouns. I disagree with the alt right that LGBT issues need to **** off and die. These two opinions are entirely consistent and logical. That the Alt Right also agrees with Peterson, but then takes that logical position and runs with it into a land of hatred and nonsense, is no fault of Peterson's.

Back