• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

There's a bunch of teams ahead of us that I don't think are hard to catch up to tbh.

Orlando - Elite defence and mediocre offence likely to lose a few good and cost effective pieces this summer that are big pieces of that defence.
Indy - If they don't pony up to keep Pascal, that trades a disaster. If they do, they're locked in to being really really good at running and scoring, and really mehhhh at everything else.
Cleveland - If Spider asks out, they're a play in team
Heat - Will try to get a star this summer to play with a mildly disgruntled Jimmy (hilarious story floating around about a fight between him and Herro on the team bus fwiw). They probably fail because no one is interested in Herro as a centrepiece for the return, and Miami runs it back with an aging Jimmy largely disinterested in the regular season again.
Atlanta - Is a mess. Trae's internet search history 100% includes San Antonio real estate.
Chicago - Is about to tank
Brooklyn - Is probably going to try to out tank Chicago

Can only drop to 7th I think. But if we drop to 7th, SAS takes the pick. We can move up to 1 through 4 though.
Isn't there a sub 50% chance they get the 6th pick or better? So it's more likely SAS makes the pick than the Raps. Slightly more likely.

Better not drop, that would be real bad.

Honestly....meh

I'm ambivalent towards the pick conveying this year. There's like 1-2 guys I'm interested in that might be around at the 7, but neither likely make it that far and even if I'm right and we're say 41-41 next year, that's still drafting somewhere between 10-14th.

value-by-pick-1.png

There is generally, generally a drop off after the 8-10 picks but part of what makes this year a "bad draft" is that that front end value is really unlikely to be there. If we graphed out the 2024 draft 10 years from now, that curve is probably pretty smoothish from 1-10, and lacking that big spike at the top of the draft.

Dude would have banked at least 30-50 mil in earnings if he stayed healthy. Generational money. What a complete fuckin idiot. Better be nice to his bro.

JJ Reddick was on a podcast this week and was asked "why do NBA players go broke" and his answer was "they don't anymore, have you seen the size of the contracts?" and then broke down the difference between the average 1st round pick making ~6 million dollars in career earnings (average 4.5 year career length) when he broke into the league and now when a guy drafted in the mid teens makes 20 million in his first 4 years.

Reactions: CH1
JJ Reddick was on a podcast this week and was asked "why do NBA players go broke" and his answer was "they don't anymore, have you seen the size of the contracts?" and then broke down the difference between the average 1st round pick making ~6 million dollars in career earnings (average 4.5 year career length) when he broke into the league and now when a guy drafted in the mid teens makes 20 million in his first 4 years.
He banked $2.5 in 11 career games spread over 3 seasons before the raptors signed him.

My proxy thought was Boucher - who will hit $50 m in career earnings next year.

Porter might be the dumbest person alive.

Back