• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Nice to get a hit from your catcher there. Makes me happy all over again it's not a guaranteed strikeout with JPA

Because the subject of cost per WAR and the efficiency of dollars spent interests me, I decided to do a little analysis on the 2014 Jays

The cost of 1 WAR used to be about 5 Million but in 2014 is closer to an estimated 5.9 million so I'll use that as my figure. My estimated WAR will be based on whatever the player has played and the assumption that they'll play the rest of the season healthy and at the same production level that we've seen to date.

For reference:

Scrub 0-1 WAR
Role Player 1-2 WAR
Solid Starter 2-3 WAR
Good Player 3-4 WAR
All-Star 4-5 WAR
Superstar 5-6 WAR
MVP 6+ WAR

Keep in mind that these are totals over the course of a full season.
All salaries are according to ESPN

Starting Pitchers:

Mark Buehrle - 19.0M - 2.6 WAR - 7.3M per WAR
R.A Dickey - 12.0M - 2.2 WAR - 5.45M per WAR
Drew Hutchinson - .5M - 2.6 WAR - 192K per WAR
JA Happ - 5.2M - 1.6 WAR - 3.25M per WAR
Marcus Stroman - .5M - 3.2 WAR - 156K per WAR
Brandon Morrow - 8M - 0.3 WAR - 26.7M per WAR

Relief Pitchers

Casey Janssen - 4M - 0.0 WAR - INF. per WAR
Aaron Loup - .5M - 1.0 WAR - 500K per WAR
Todd Redmond - .5M - 1.1 WAR 454K per WAR
Brett Cecil - 1.3M - .5 WAR - 2.6M per WAR

With a big pile of crap costing about 4-5 million for -1 WAR thrown in after that.

Lineup:

Jose Bautista - 14M - 5.5 WAR - 2.5M per WAR
Edwin Encarnacion - 9M - 3.9 WAR - 2.3M per WAR
Jose Reyes - 16M - 2.9 WAR - 5.5M per WAR
Melky Cabrera - 8M - 3.2 WAR - 2.5M per WAR
Brett Lawrie - .5M - 1.6 WAR - 312K per WAR (did not adjust Lawrie's WAR as he appears to be out for the rest of the regular season)
Anthony Gose - .5M - 1.6 WAR - 312K per WAR
Juan Francisco - 1.4M - 1.5 WAR - 933K per WAR
Adam Lind - 7.5M - 1.3 WAR - 5.8M per WAR
Dionner Navarro - 3.0M - 1.1 WAR - 2.72M per WAR
Colby Rasmus- 7.0M - .7 WAR - 10M per WAR

Then a collection of Tolleson, Reimold, Mune, Maicer that were cheap as **** and contributed about 1-1.5 WAR total.

Turned the game on in the bottom of 8 expecting a nice quick 15 minute break. This game has ruined any chance of being productive.

FAN590

LHP Daniel Norris made his debut with the Buffalo Bisons (AAA) today & recorded the victory (6.0, 2H, BB, 10K)

23Jnhss.jpg

Bearing W.P. Kinsella's trademark combination of "sweet-natured prose and a richly imagined world" (Philadelphia Inquirer), The Iowa Baseball Confederacy tells the story of Gideon Clark, a man on a quest. He is out to prove to the world that the indomitable Chicago Cubs traveled to Iowa in the summer of 1908 for an exhibition game against an amateur league, the Iowa Baseball Confederacy. But a simple game somehow turned into a titanic battle of more than two thousand innings, and Gideon Clark struggles to set the record straight on this infamous game that no one else believes ever happened.

Bautista and Francisco have been unbelievably bad. Every at bat for Francisco has him stumbling over his feet.

Lets see Jose redeem himself here

Back