• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Oddly, Upton in at DH. Reason stated is to give them flexibility to PH later for him, but I think I'd rather have the defense in the game.

Also, roof closed because MLB sucks.

Oddly, Upton in at DH. Reason stated is to give them flexibility to PH later for him, but I think I'd rather have the defense in the game.

Also, roof closed because MLB sucks.

Roof closed = louder. I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Wilner
‏@Wilnerness590
#MLB decides whether roof is open. Apparently want to keep conditions same since it was closed first 2 games. #Bluejays #Jays #ALCS

Why does MLB decide whether the roof is open? Shouldn't that be left entirely to the discretion of the home team?

They've played two World Series at Comerica in late October with snow and they're making the Jays have the Dome closed on a day where it's above 20 degrees and perfectly sunny?

It's a fair point. In every other outdoor stadium in major league baseball, the conditions are exactly identical from game-to-game.

Why should Toronto be any different?

Bautista is doing his best to motivate Merritt. Dumbass.

Not sure what he said...but honestly, if you can get under a junk ballers skin and get him muscling up on his pitches, that's when they make mistakes. You want him trying to overthrow his junk, when they find a smooth rhythm with their junk is when they're dangerous.

Yeah, I don't understand the decision. Even something like the shadows affecting the teams differently doesn't really make sense since that would happen in an open-air park too. And I could understand if this was an evening game, and they were worried that the later it gets, it could get cold for the players, but seems to me that as long as the rules are the same in the post-season as they would be in the regular season (so the team isn't doing something like opening the dome while there's a chance of rain in order to get weird delays), they should simply treat it the same. And can anyone imagine a day like today during the regular season not having the dome open?

Also, apparently Jose and Donaldson had a bet in batting practice to see if either could hit a HR hitting left-handed. Both did.

How does an outdoor stadium have the same conditions every game ? You control the weather bro ?

U7Ghu2s.gif

This is ****in brutal. Going to the game but a conference call just got pushed by 30 mins so literally sitting outside skydome marking up a contract.

FYI they won yesterday all bc leafman and I were there.

One thing with the dome closed, no shadows.
Now I can't exactly remember what the shadows would be like here at 4, but you also don't know which team might end up benefiting more, so I suppose that's a good thing.

But seriously, it's beautiful outside, MLB needs to get it's head out of it's ass on all this stuff...including letting us Canadians have our own ****ing broadcast.

Back