• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

eff Passan @JeffPassan
News: Los Angeles Angels star Shohei Ohtani has a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow, according to a physical obtained by Yahoo Sports. Details: yhoo.it/2C9PDCe

Ken_Rosenthal

#STLCards have spoken with #BlueJays about Donaldson at meetings, sources tell The Athletic. No indication a deal is close. To this point, Jays seemingly bullish about keeping Donaldson, looking to add. GM Atkins mentioned Jay Bruce, CarGo as possible fits to reporters today.

just in case there was any doubt....

Alex Seixeiro @alexfan590
57m
Mark Shapiro: If we were running this team without a fan base, we probably would've started a rebuild a year ago. We're trying to remain competitive for those fans. #BlueJays #BlairShow

So he's pissed they have fans. He wanted to start the rebuild after 2016 when they made the ALCS?

It's all bullshit. He just wants his own team.

Why is this guy here? Go away.

57m
Mark Shapiro: If we were running this team without a fan base, we probably would've started a rebuild a year ago. We're trying to remain competitive for those fans. #BlueJays #BlairShow

Such an epic ****ing loser with a bitch loser mentality.

#ClevelandNorth

It takes a tremendously suspect ownership group to be interested in having someone so spineless run their club. Call me when Vlad Jr gets called up, I don't see myself giving a **** until then.

57m

With that wishy-washy commitment I can't see many decent players choosing to sign with the Jays.
It would have looked better if he said something like " we have been competitive ( last season aside) and want to remain competitive." " We owe it to our faithful fan base."

I don't even really consider it wishy-washy.

I infer it as a clear comment that can be plain languaged as:

"I want my own team, and I have never intended to remain competitive with the team that AA constructed. Until the guys I drafted or acquire via trade are throughout the roster, I will just being doing patchwork to give Jays fans the impression that we are trying to win now."

bnicholsonsmith

Many teams checking on #Reds' Billy Hamilton & Adam Duvall. #BlueJays, casting wide net in their search for OF, are believed to be among them (@JaysJournal mentioned Duvall).

Back