• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Vacations

Going to Vancouver/Seattle for 10 days July/August. Suggestions? I don't really want to spend too much time in Vancouver - 2-3 days at most. Mostly interested in Vancouver island and might make an overnight trip to interior BC to visit a friend. Will be finishing up the trip in Seattle for Jays/Mariners.

Hey Deckie,

I've been living in BC for about 10 years and Vancouver Island is amazing. Ucluelet and Tofino on the west side are pretty awesome but for the amount of time you're going for might not make too much sense. Seattle kind of sucks to be honest, I wouldn't spend too much time there if I were you. I guess it all depends what sort of things you like to do while on vacation.

Hey Deckie,

I've been living in BC for about 10 years and Vancouver Island is amazing. Ucluelet and Tofino on the west side are pretty awesome but for the amount of time you're going for might not make too much sense. Seattle kind of sucks to be honest, I wouldn't spend too much time there if I were you. I guess it all depends what sort of things you like to do while on vacation.
I wanna see as much of the beautiful stuff as possible. I really want to spend a few days on the island. Outside of going to Seattle for the Jays, it doesn't hold much draw to me, so will probably only be there a couple days. Might camp a few days as well if you have any tips.

The drive across hwy 4 is pretty amazing on the island as far as scenery goes. I really liked Parksville as well. A lot of these places it's not too pricey to book cabins or cottages in really nice places. You absolutely must eat seafood while you're there as well.

a few reco's for seattle

- museum of pop culture
- easy street records & cafe
- underground walking tour

The drive across hwy 4 is pretty amazing on the island as far as scenery goes. I really liked Parksville as well. A lot of these places it's not too pricey to book cabins or cottages in really nice places. You absolutely must eat seafood while you're there as well.

It’s usually a very bad scenario for crustaceans when I show up.

11da03896f91e8ef1422822b46f36330.jpg

My view right now in Barcelona. Doing a Mediterranean cruise tomorrow then back to barca for 4 days at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mallorca, Marseilles, Florence but we're doing portovenere instead....because the next day we have the private tour of Rome, colleseum and the Vatican. Last day is Naples but I think we're just going to get off the boat and that's it. We're on the Royal carribbeans newest and biggest ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. So you’re on the Symphony of the seas then. I was on her sister ship Harmony last summer. Awesome ships. Enjoy!

I've got 10 days to kill in either November or December and I'm looking for some suggestions.

Like to keep moving and pack in as many sites/adventures/beers as possible. Travelling with a buddy. Last year we did the same 10 day thing in Cuba. Havana, Vinales, Matanzas were all amazing, especially if you're willing to get lost a bit. Made the mistake of booking a couple days all inclusive at the end of the trip in Varadero to unwind. Ended up being more partying than anything, which was a blast, but we regretted not staying on the road.

10 days isn't really enough time to fully check out many destinations, but I don't mind picking out regions or narrowing down the sights. I can also sleep when I'm dead.

Warm and sunny is a bonus but not required. Hiking or camping is fine too. I just wanna see and experience cool shit.

Was considering Columbia, Nicaragua, Southern U.S. road trip. Having trouble coming up with more options that aren't either too far for that amount of time or miserable that time of year.

Help me out! Where have you been? What's doable?

Guys, I'm planning my trip for Central Europe in Sept., but to start the trip I actually have 2 days in London UK ... me and my wife are big museum buffs', so primarily I've planned to visit the British museum and Museum of London over the 2 days (which includes the first day off the plane which I'll be jet-lagged too) ... I'll also take a stroll along Thames and do the usual London eye, big ben ... more for my wife cause she hasn't been to London before.

Anything else you guys suggest we do in London? 2 days isn't much especially when I have to deal with jet lag on day 1 too.

I've got 10 days to kill in either November or December and I'm looking for some suggestions.

Like to keep moving and pack in as many sites/adventures/beers as possible. Travelling with a buddy. Last year we did the same 10 day thing in Cuba. Havana, Vinales, Matanzas were all amazing, especially if you're willing to get lost a bit. Made the mistake of booking a couple days all inclusive at the end of the trip in Varadero to unwind. Ended up being more partying than anything, which was a blast, but we regretted not staying on the road.

10 days isn't really enough time to fully check out many destinations, but I don't mind picking out regions or narrowing down the sights. I can also sleep when I'm dead.

Warm and sunny is a bonus but not required. Hiking or camping is fine too. I just wanna see and experience cool shit.

Was considering Columbia, Nicaragua, Southern U.S. road trip. Having trouble coming up with more options that aren't either too far for that amount of time or miserable that time of year.

Help me out! Where have you been? What's doable?

Colombia or nic are great. Both good for 10 day trips. In nic you can do the west (Some time on the beach in San Juan del sur, some city time in Grenada or Leon and then a few days in ometepe. All within a few hour radius by car) or the east coast (corn islands-awesome diving, quiet and still off the beaten path).

If Colombia, if you want hot/tropics then you have to goto the Caribbean coast (Cartagena, Santa Marta). If you don’t care about weather do both Bogotá and medillan (because of elevation they don’t get too hot). Everybody who goes to Colombia needs to go to Salento (look up pics).

Pm if u want more detail...

Back