• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What Really Matters

My prayers are with you and your families . I still have my parents but lost many close aunts and uncles and some dear friends recently that I have known since high school.

We use sports as an escape and these forums bring passionate habs fans together to shoot the shit and chat , but you are right Habspatrol your life matters most .

Thanks guys. I know that we don't all really know each other in "real life" but it's nice to have your support.

Sorry to hear this. Induced hypothermia definitely changes outcomes, so that is good. Hope it is going as well as it can for him and everybody.

Just a quick update. We just got back from the hospital. They had him almost completely off the sedatives. The have him on 1 MG of Propofal (aka MJ Juice) and he was actually able to open his eyes and also he could nod and shake his head to answer questions.

We had a good day like this last Friday as well. Hopefully he doesn't get too agitated again like he did that night.

Wish u'r dad a speedy recovery man, thoughts & prayers to hoping he keeps fighting the good fight, and many more Habs playoffs watching together for the two of you.

That's good news! Hopefully things keep going in a positive direction from this point

Just a quick update. We just got back from the hospital. They had him almost completely off the sedatives. The have him on 1 MG of Propofal (aka MJ Juice) and he was actually able to open his eyes and also he could nod and shake his head to answer questions.

We had a good day like this last Friday as well. Hopefully he doesn't get too agitated again like he did that night.

Good to hear the improvement, hopefully he keeps it going.

Well we made the 12 hour trek back home to Meadow Lake yesterday. Leaving him was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Then this morning I get a message from my brother that my dad is awake and alert. He's actually laughing and making jokes... and he even insists that he's going home already. Sounds like he's the same as he always was. It's amazing.

I'm so happy that he sounds so good and so sad that we left yesterday. But mostly happy. Thanks again for all the encouragement and support everyone.

No doubt this is what really matters.

Glad for you and your family that your Dad is a fighter and regaining his strength.

Thanks again guys. It's much appreciated.

Some "funny/strange" stuff with the old man. Apparently they asked him a bunch of questions to see how his memory is. He did well and knows most things that that he should know. He's a very intelligent, well read man with a great grasp on history and current events/news. A couple things he struggled with...

Q: Who is the current president?
A: Bush

Q: Current PM?
Apparently he eventually got it right but it took awhile

Q: How many kids do you have?
A: 2 (correct answer is 3. He forgot my oldest brother)

He also asked where his mom was. She's been dead for 12 years. Also didn't realize his dad was dead.

Yet he remembered that I live in SK and we only moved here less than a year ago.

Btw... I went running (if you can call it that) the other day and will do again once my leg muscles recover.

Felt good though.

So my dad's been doing pretty good. Still not remembering some stuff but overall he's doing well.

He got his triple bypass today and from what I hear he's doing very well. It was a stressful day but I couldn't be happier.

Back