• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: World Cup 2014 discussion

it's not broad when a whole stadium chants racist remarks at a player.....and even the Prime Minister of the country says borderline racist remarks regarding that said player

it's not broad when a whole stadium chants racist remarks at a player.....and even the Prime Minister of the country says borderline racist remarks regarding that said player

It is broad brush. There are many incidents all over Europe and you know it but you are ready to brand a whole people as racist.

Why suddenly? Have I ever called a race or a nationality racist?

Maybe it's just the media coverage that's bias, but I have seen so many reports about racism in Italian football....and rarely hear about it in the other European countries.

Spin it no matter how you want Xpo, but the reports are out there...and when your Prime Minister makes racist comments, that doesn't help your image

Eastern European fans make the Italians look like boy scouts. Yes, there are racists attached to clubs in Italy, especially Lazio. They're quite bad. But this is not unique to Italy.

Anyway, about the WC...

Maybe it's just the media coverage that's bias, but I have seen so many reports about racism in Italian football....and rarely hear about it in the other European countries.

Spin it no matter how you want Xpo, but the reports are out there...and when your Prime Minister makes racist comments, that doesn't help your image

Are you referring to Berlusconi? He's an ass like our current premier who is not beyond the same thing.

I dunno about sleepers, but there are a bunch of really good "middling" teams that could take out a big team: Belgium, Bosnia, Ghana, Côte d'Ivoire, Chile... Maybe the Swiss. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a couple of big upsets.

Back