• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

I would assume that he did all of that prior to the 206.2 weigh in. Dehydration, colon cleansing, etc.

I think the KFC family bucket was one of the problems, not the solution. Cormier has always had issues in that regard.

oiT8ABU.gif

veeE4_.gif

i knew zero of this when i made the suggestion.

Perhaps a reverse poo?

He fixed the issue by holding onto the towel held up in front of him....old wreslter/fighter trick for trying to make weight. Shifts just enough of your weight off of the scale.

Another interesting bit from the weigh ins...a clearly cheating Daniel Cormier "makes weight", but a female fighter with breast implants was told she was a no go because the NYSAC has a rule against women fighters having breast implants, despite the fact that previous UFC events in NY, sanctioned by NYSAC, has featured women with breast implants.

There has apparently been an appeal and like 10 minutes ago, the fight was given the green light.

for the sake of science, here's a picture

0407-pearl-gonzalez-photos-1.jpg

DC is just too good and too smart for Rumble. Brilliant performance for him. Not sure what Rumble was thinking trying to grapple with DC. Jon Jones next please. I figure DC will be out a couple of weeks fixing his broken nose and hopefully we'll hear news of a DC-Jones fight for the end of summer.

Weidman - Mousasi was pretty good up until it wasn't. Mousasi was just starting to put in work on Weidman with the jab. Just too fast for him. Shitty end to a fight. Feel pretty bad for the ref as he's getting f*cked with making a bad call. I thought his finger tips were still touching the ground at first. On replay you can see Mousasi just lifted him enough to make it "legal". A little bit of dirty MMA but f*ck can't really blame Mousasi for taking advantage in the heat of the moment. Dirty/clever whatever you wanna call it. F*ck a rematch even though it'll probably happen.

Cynthia Calvillo is a nasty nasty fighter. Very impressed with her fight. Dominated Gonzalez from start to finish. It'll be interesting to see who she fights next.

Wlad/Joshua was brilliant, brilliant stuff. The type of heavyweight fight that the division has rarely seen since the Hollyfield/Lennox/Tyson/Foreman, etc, etc, etc era.

De La Hoya should be taking notes, make the big ****ing fight.

Wlad/Joshua was brilliant, brilliant stuff. The type of heavyweight fight that the division has rarely seen since the Hollyfield/Lennox/Tyson/Foreman, etc, etc, etc era.

De La Hoya should be taking notes, make the big ****ing fight.

That was the best HW tilt since Bowe-Holyfield.

Shame so many people will have overlooked it.....but Joshua has a real chance to rejuvenate that HW Division and make people interested again.

Hope people make the effort to track that fight down and watch it......was a thing of beauty.

joshua is a great fighter

did anybody catch lomachenko on april 8? that guy is one of the most exciting fighters i've ever seen.

second fight in a row where a top notch opponent flat out quit.

That was the best HW tilt since Bowe-Holyfield.

Shame so many people will have overlooked it.....but Joshua has a real chance to rejuvenate that HW Division and make people interested again.

Hope people make the effort to track that fight down and watch it......was a thing of beauty.

It's available on torrent and some sneaky youtube feeds. Relatively easy to find as far as those things go.

But yeah, great fight. Everything that is great about two monsters pounding on each other happened yesterday. Joshua still needs a lot of polish, but he's a ****ing specimen. Wlad is still deadly, even on the wrong side of 40...it's a shame he's not 5-6 years younger. Fury gets his head on straight and back in shape and we would have a legitimate top of the division again for the first time in a long, long time. Can't see Wlad doing that many more times at all before hanging it up for good.

joshua is a great fighter

did anybody catch lomachenko on april 8? that guy is one of the most exciting fighters i've ever seen.

second fight in a row where a top notch opponent flat out quit.

Nah, missed the Lomachenko fight and haven't found a torrent for it yet either.

you gotta watch that kid. he's as complete a fighter as there is today. hopefully he doesn't lose his speed as he moves up weight classes.

but guys don't want to fight him. two world class fighters in a row who hit the halfway mark and basically said this guy's kicking my ass and this isn't worth it.

he's fast, aggressive, he punches hard, and he's ali-level with the footwork and head movement.

I don't know if it would be more humane if Lomachenko had fight ending power or not. But yeah, his defensive work and punch accuracy is off the charts.

Back