• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Despite all the hype around it, Im pretty doubtful controlling interest in the UFC gets sold too, actually.

If I had to guess, I think they sell a smaller portion of it to a Chinese based company that helps them get in to that market.

I dont watch a lot of boxing but watching highlights of GGG, that man throws with bad intentions. Every combo is pure power

GGG is to boxing what Anderson Silva was to MMA.....his fights are absolute works of art....for my money, his fights are the most must see events in combat sports right now. Right there with Demetrius Johnson scraps.

Its unlikely they sell a majority interest, but if you paid $2 mill for something and someone offers you $4 billion for it... again, the money on the table is the only reason this pipe dream is still being talked about. There is so much money at stake.

GGG is to boxing what Anderson Silva was to MMA.....his fights are absolute works of art....for my money, his fights are the most must see events in combat sports right now. Right there with Demetrius Johnson scraps.

Well said. Mighty Mouse doesn't get the credit he deserves.

GGG - Canelo would be a huge draw right now. As cool as it was to have Mayweather - Pacquiao, i found myself really not giving a shit. If they had the same fight 5 years prior that'd be an even better draw i think. Boxing needs to get their shit together in terms of match making.

Thanks to OP for creating the thread. I've hijacked a few other threads over the months looking to talk this topic.

Johnson is amazing. Its sad that casuals don't get it.

Everytime he's fought someone a second time, he beats them worse in the second encounter.

As for WWE...

The IC 4 way at Extreme Rules was a great match. Cesaro, Zayn and Owens are top class in terms of in ring ability. Having the Miz snake his way into victory was a good way to keep interest high.

MITB is probably my favorite PPV. Already has the makings of a great match. Unfortunately Alberto Del Rio won his Smackdown MITB qualifier and is in the match. I'm speculating but i could see John Cena's comeback on Monday meaning he's going to be getting a spot in MITB.

Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. One Superstar TBA

This is why Canelo wants no piece of him. No way Oscar lets that animal in with his golden goose.

I'd like to have seen AJ in MITB

I know the match was AJ vs Owens (and ultimately Owens had to be in, and is the best choice to actually win the thing), but i think AJ can do some really neat stuff in a ladder match.

I would have had Owens qualify against someone else, and AJ qualify his own way.

Also I didn't like that AJ and the Club just broke up the way they did. The breakup should have been Balor beating him down.... (if they bring in Balor now and its AJ vs Balor at MITB, I can forgive not having AJ in the ladder match).

You think they'll unveil Balor on the main roster prior to MITB? Been waiting for it so long now.

Another possible return to the roster is Randy Orton. The roster looks to be finally getting healthy so hopefully we see some good storylines.

Cesaro*
Seth Rollins*
John Cena
Randy Orton
Bray Wyatt

Hopefully all come back soon and add to the show.

Their segment tonight was pretty nuts......those duelling pops were dope. Loved their booking on the Club element of it too.

im assuming a returning Wyatt is the 7th member of the MITB match

I dig the Cena/Styles feud as well, but worry the inevitable Styles loss will hurt him more than help him

Cena feuds are where great up and coming heels go to die ( Barrett, Owens, Wyatt)

Back