• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pan Am Games

Don't care. It's a third-rate athletics competition with prices that are far too high and it's going to be a complete disaster for the city.

If Toronto can't get the Olympics, the Commonwealth Games would have been better.

Pan-Am is off-brand for Toronto. A 3rd rate event for a city hungry to be seen as 1st rate.

When I think of Pan-Am Games, I think of Winnipeg (which has hosted it twice).

Pan-Am is off-brand for Toronto. A 3rd rate event for a city hungry to be seen as 1st rate.

When I think of Pan-Am Games, I think of Winnipeg (which has hosted it twice).

That's what I think. Olympics or bust. Not sure what the point was.

Heck, the women's world cup was probably a bigger even than Pan Am. Combined with the fact that a ton of events are in Ajax, Hamilton, etc... just makes it barely worth it to go to some of the events.

If they made an event out of the traffic chaos somehow, that would be interesting.
Maybe a"sneak through the HOV lane," competition.

That's what I think. Olympics or bust. Not sure what the point was.

A tune up perhaps as they make a run at the 2028 Olympics. Looks we can do it, and do it successfully. Just a thought.

On a side note, it is bigger than the 2010 games Vancouver held. Not in terms of countries involved, but in terms of sports, venues and athletes at least.

A tune up perhaps as they make a run at the 2028 Olympics. Looks we can do it, and do it successfully. Just a thought.

On a side note, it is bigger than the 2010 games Vancouver held. Not in terms of countries involved, but in terms of sports, venues and athletes at least.
This is exactly why I'm hoping the Pan Ams are a dismal financial failure.

Whatever it takes to prevent any of our genius politicians from launching another Olympics-to-Toronto bid.

This is exactly why I'm hoping the Pan Ams are a dismal financial failure.

Whatever it takes to prevent any of our genius politicians from launching another Olympics-to-Toronto bid.

Agree. Toronto needs to spend $$ on making the TTC less dismal.

I'm no bleeding heart - but all of these massively expensive sport events are a complete bust. Money can be much better spent.

Back