• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Poll: Who Should The Habs Take at #3?

Who should the Habs take at #3?

• Filip Zadina

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Quintin Hughes

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Oliver Wahlstrom

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Adam Boqvist

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Habs are up to something, the entire pro-scouting staff will be in attendance at an amateur draft? Why?

Something big is about to go down, be it good or bad.

because there are trades at the draft

MB should be fired if (well he should be fired anyway) he was not prepared for trades at the draft

as for the second round picks i will just read the glowing reviews after we draft them

One thing is for sure.....if they pull a stupid move and take a dmen at #3, it would be on par with 2003 blunder

Just take any of the 3 (Zadina-Tkatchuk-Kotkaniemi) and all is good...

You can find dmen in the 2nd round.....

One thing is for sure.....if they pull a stupid move and take a dmen at #3, it would be on par with 2003 blunder

a lot of scouts or very, very high on Dobson. Some have him in their top 5 and it seems there is a good chance he get drafted before Hugues. He seems like a more complete Dman than Hugues and if I was drafting a dman, I'd probably go with Dobson first.

but I wouldn't mind drafting a dman at #3 espicially for a elite, puck moving dman. Scoring wingers are easier to find and trade for than top pairing Dman and centers. So technically, just on the asset management side, it would make more sense to draft a center or top pairing dman than a winger.

Not to mention the Habs have 4 decent Dmen prospects in the WHL. Yes we need an elite Dman but Hughes at # 3 is a bit risky.

There is no reason to give up the #3 pick for a salary dump

So we take on a huge contract, give them a 35 goal scorer in his prime, plus the #3 pick.....and we get the #10 pick

Yeahhhhhhhh no thanks

i meant today.....i'd still pick Stamkos and Tavares over both dmen.....even after seeing how all their careers progressed...i'd still pick Stamkos-Tavares

I'm a sucker for complete defensemen that can play 30 mins per game, I'd pick Doughty-Hedman over Stamkos/Tavares.

Eric Engels

@EricEngels

All I can say is that if Matthew Tkachuk isn't the only one that believes his brother is a future No. 1 centre, things just got a lot more interesting.

Hello!

Back