• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Prospects camp

So that would negate having them return to Jr's and make them eligible for Charlotte...(?).

the contracts don't change the rules about not going to the AHL. The contracts don't start until they play 10 or more NHL games.

So that would negate having them return to Jr's and make them eligible for Charlotte...(?).

Nope. It has no effect on returning back to juniors. It only affects players with college eligibility and they were already ineligible. When Hanifin signed last year, he was instantly ineligible to return to BC.

NCAA is the only "amateur" league with billions in revenue. The NCAA gets billions just from the 3 week BB tourney in March/April. Most pro leagues would love to thave that amount of money for a 3 week event.

So if they play 10+ NHL games, still no options for the A?

I do understand the AHL having that rule (were they 'forced' to adopt it?) to keep the A from decimating the Jr's. I doubt that would ever happen so drastically but they would siphon off many of the better players.

Correct...even if they play 10+ NHL games the AHL is not an option. The only way CHL junior eligible kids can play in the AHL is after their CHL season is over OR on a conditioning stint. See a player like Anthony Duclair for an example. He played 18 games for the Rangers as a 19 year old and when they decided to remove him from the roster he had to go back to the Q. That also burned a year of his entry level deal.

Last edited:
Bill Peters was like a kid on Christmas morning in every interview I saw.

This is turning into the team I've always wanted but didn't think we would ever see.

Four lines and three pairs worth of size, skill, speed and effort delivering honest shifts of possession hockey.

A team that nobody wants to play...because it's going to be a night of hard work.

Now that's something I would pay to watch.

I only watched highlight clips of the rookie camp, but it looks like they had a lot of talent out there. The future looks bright. Unfortunately, goaltending is going to hold this team back for the next year or two at least.

I only watched highlight clips of the rookie camp, but it looks like they had a lot of talent out there. The future looks bright. Unfortunately, goaltending is going to hold this team back for the next year or two at least.

I attended the camp on Saturday and stayed for the first two periods of the scrimmage and my biggest take away was both the size and overall strength and poise from many of these kids. A few guys that really stood out were both McKeown and Fleury on the blue line. Both of those guys have NHL size frames right now and both looked so poised and steady on defense.

Gauthier, Roy, and a large handful of some of these forward prospects are blessed with great size and know how to use it to their advantage, what a refreshing change from the past.

Also nice to see more than one goalie prospect with some skill and size between the pipes.

The pipeline is really getting stocked with great young talent for the future, I sure hope this team stays here for the long haul!

Back