• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

looking like this may be the year the Wings miss the playoffs - Brendan Smith who's UFA would look good on the Habs D.

looking like this may be the year the Wings miss the playoffs - Brendan Smith who's UFA would look good on the Habs D.
Hes rather meh to me. A worse version of beaulieu.

When healthy smith would be our number 7 imo

Hes rather meh to me. A worse version of beaulieu.

When healthy smith would be our number 7 imo

Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole , their whole D is meh and Holland overpaid for it .

Look out for the possibility of MB getting an aging Beauchemin from the Avs according to some websites.

Other potential targets Oduya and hamhuis

I don't like Beauchemin at all cause he's signed for next season at a 4.5 million cap hit too.

Hamhuis looks to be the best of the three names mentioned, but he's also signed for next season.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

Dany Dube said last night MBs top priority is to acquire a top-6 LDman, and perhaps another depth Dman. Went on to say strengthening the forward group via trade "is not in the plans"....

Our current 3rd pair is a pretty sad affair. I still don't get why Redmond doesn't play at all, he was very good in camp and decent in the few games he played this season. Barberio and Johnston are hard to watch.

Dany Dube said last night MBs top priority is to acquire a top-6 LDman, and perhaps another depth Dman. Went on to say strengthening the forward group via trade "is not in the plans"....

Like MB confides in Dany Dube. I don't think so.

Last edited:

Like MB confides in Dany Dube. I don't think so.

Probably not, but of all the french journalists, Dany Dubé (and Mathias Brunet) are the most credible ones.

Yeah, I know, doesn't mean much :shrug

Probably not, but of all the french journalists, Dany Dubé (and Mathias Brunet) are the most credible ones.

Yeah, I know, doesn't mean much :shrug

MB is a fortress. No one knows what he's going to do next.

The price tag to acquire a dman in his prime will likely be high.

MB will look at a veteran option on D for a draft pick.

I don't like Beauchemin at all cause he's signed for next season at a 4.5 million cap hit too.
Then forget it. Must have an expiring contract unless it's a solid player in his prime.

We knew this already, it's his M.O.

The play of Danault, Byron and Lehkonen have made the top 6/9 less of a priority.

Back